The Wild Robot Escapes by Peter Brown

The Wild Robot Escapes

by Peter Brown

This is the 2nd book in The Wild Robot duology and I actually liked it a bit better than the first book. It’s a quick and easy read, is entertaining, and has a lot of heart.

Roz has been shipped off to work at a farm. She likes it there but she can’t help thinking about the home/island she left behind. She will need to enlist the help of the farmer’s children if she is to get back home to her island and her animal family.

This book is a bit more complicated than the first one, which I enjoyed. Raz has to be quite a bit more strategic and plan in order to find her way back to her island in a way that doesn’t endanger anyone.

The illustration and story are well done and I enjoyed them. These are super quick reads for me. I think kids will enjoy these books more than adults will just because of how simple they are. I know my 11 year old son really enjoyed both of these books a lot.

Overall this was a very well done continuation of The Wild Robot. I liked it even better than the first book. I would recommend to middle grade and younger readers who enjoy robots, animals, and adventure. ( )
  krau0098 | Mar 5, 2019 |
It's a beautiful book, very touching. It's not quite the masterwork that could bring me to 5 stars, but so close (I want 1/2 star increments! Goodreads is too lumpy). 4.5 for sure. The two books in the series would make a wonderful limited series, a la Over the Garden Wall, so non-readers might also be moved by it. And how good are his illustrations? The minimalist approach to Roz works perfectly.

(Note: 5 stars = amazing, wonderful, 4 = very good book, 3 = decent read, 2 = disappointing, 1 = awful, just awful. I'm fairly good at picking for myself so end up with a lot of 4s). ( )
  ashleytylerjohn | Sep 19, 2018 |
Roz is back...but this time she is sent to work on a dairy farm. Knowing the language of the animals is especially helpful here, but she has to be careful because she can't let the humans know how different she is from the other robots. As she gets to know the cows, the farm, and the family she desperately wants to get back to Brightbill and her own family on the island...but she must come up with a good plan. Using her new friends, and some geese that stop at the farm on their migration, she develops a plan...but will it work?

Good continuation of the original story. I enjoyed the fact that Roz got to keep some of her wildness, but felt like there were a few too many obstacles - I was ready for the end before it happened. ( )
  agrudzien | Aug 4, 2018 |
Narrated by Kathleen McInerney. Part of me wished Roz would have a new adventure on the farm rather than longing to get back to the island. But in the end it's a pleasant adventure story about returning to one's true roots. Home is where the heart is after all. Families and young listeners will enjoy McInerney's easy voicing of the various robots, people and animals.
  Salsabrarian | Jul 30, 2018 |
Y4 : Lots of animals and amazing illustrations ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  librarynist | Jun 12, 2018 |

After being captured by the Recons and returned to civilization for reprogramming, Roz is sent to Hilltop Farm where she befriends her owner's family and animals, but pines for her son, Brightbill.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,445,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible