The Last Mrs. Parrish: A Novel by Liv…

The Last Mrs. Parrish: A Novel (edition 2017)

by Liv Constantine (Author)

3192949,948 (3.87)8
Member:Susan.Macura
Title:The Last Mrs. Parrish: A Novel
Authors:Liv Constantine (Author)
Info:Harper (2017), Edition: First Edition, 400 pages
Rating:*****

The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine

Great read. Needs to be on list ( )
  shazjhb | Sep 12, 2018 |
Entertaining, but storyline is similar to several other books I've read in the last year. ( )
  ChrisWay | Sep 2, 2018 |
We follow Amber, a woman obsessed with Jackson Parrish and intent on driving a wedge between him and his wife Daphne, in order to become his next wife. But is she truly who she says she is? What is her motive and what's her story?

Daphne seems to have it all - money, a handsome husband, a foundation to help others with, two gorgeous daughters - but she is still lonely after losing her sister Julie. When she meets Amber, she finally found the friend she was looking for - or did she? Is life truly as blissful as we think in that big house?

So I thought it was a good story. The first quarter was kind of slow and I was over Amber really quick. Once we got into Part II, everything snowballed and became more interesting. I think that overall, I could see it coming, but at the end, I still felt like it was all rushed - the reveal, the story, the characters - all of a sudden it felt that the story just wanted to be done and over with. But oh man, those two deserve each other!!! ( )
  christianeyoungberg | Aug 30, 2018 |
It can be refreshing to note that a rewarding novel does not need to be particularly literary, unpredictable or even plausible to be thoroughly enjoyable. Reading the Last Mrs. Parrish, cowritten by two sisters under the pen name Liv Constantine, is an example of such an experience. The characters are exaggerated archetypes: pure evil and plucky goodness pitted against each other set within the backdrop of luxurious wealth and glamour. The novel is divided into three parts, the first is presented in the third person (omniscient) and focuses on the wicked Amber Patterson, a grifter who feels entitled to the riches and privileges denied her by birth. She readily admits her intentions from the beginning-to lie, seduce and manipulate her way in to infiltrate that world she envies. Amber sees Daphne Parrish as an easy mark; a woman who is pitifully trusting and naïve, desperately trying to find someone to mentor as a replacement for her deceased sister. Amber, a true sociopath, feels no remorse as she plots to replace Daphne as the wife of the superrich Jackson Parrish. The second part switches to the first-person point of view of Daphne, who then relates her side of the story as it unfolds. Typical of stories of this type, there are plenty of twists and surprises for the characters as well as for the reader. The final section reverts to third person again, bringing the two women into clear focus and resolving the drama in a very satisfying way. A healthy suspension of disbelief and a respect for pulpy page-turners would be a good way to approach (and fully appreciate) this guilty pleasure of a novel. ( )
  jnmegan | Jul 31, 2018 |
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

Intense. Gripping. Addictive. Yes, yes, and yes! The Last Mrs. Parrish is one heck of a ride! I was hooked from the beginning and did not want to put it down. This debut psychological thriller moves at a fast pace and is full of juicy drama, and intricate characters. Amber is easy to dislike - she is selfish, narcissistic, cynical and a complete sociopath. Amber is beyond jealous of Daphne's perfect marriage and will do anything to have her life. There are several WTF moments in this book (trust me), but the ending fell a bit flat in my opinion. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy juicy plots, and twists and turns. The impressive team of Constantine sisters did not disappoint. (Liv Constantine is the pen name of bestselling authors and sisters Lynne Constantine and Valerie Constantine). I look forward to future work from this dynamic duo.

Thanks to Edelweiss and HarperLuxe for providing an arc of this book in exchange for my honest review. I also now own the actual book thanks to my daughter. :-)

For more reviews, visit: http://debbiesbooknook.com/ ( )
  debbiesbooknook | Apr 27, 2018 |

"Some women get everything. Some women get everything they deserve. Amber Patterson is fed up. She's tired of being a nobody: a plain, invisible woman who blends into the background. She deserves more--a life of money and power like the one blond-haired, blue-eyed goddess Daphne Parrish takes for granted. To everyone in the exclusive town of Bishops Harbor, Connecticut, Daphne--a socialite and philanthropist--and her real-estate mogul husband, Jackson, are a couple straight out of a fairy tale. Amber's envy could eat her alive...if she didn't have a plan. Amber uses Daphne's compassion and caring to insinuate herself into the family's life--the first step in a meticulous scheme to undermine her. Before long, Amber is Daphne's closest confidante, traveling to Europe with the Parrishes and their lovely young daughters, and growing closer to Jackson. But a skeleton from her past may undermine everything that Amber has worked towards, and if it is discovered, her well-laid plan may fall to pieces. With shocking turns and dark secrets that will keep you guessing until the very end, The Last Mrs. Parrish is a fresh, juicy, and utterly addictive thriller from a diabolically imaginative talent."--provided by publisher.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,961,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible