A Shining in the Shadows (Gabriel Davenport Series Book 2)

by Beverley Lee

Series: Gabriel Davenport (2)

811,808,835 (4)None

I was thrilled to finally read Beverley Lee's A Shining in the Shadows! This is the follow up novel to T​he Making of Gabriel Davenport, which I read in 2016. Book 2 didn't disappoint; I am happy to say.

Book two picks up where the first ended, but a short while later. Gabriel's been sacrificed, in order to be saved from a demon- the demon he and his crew from book one were battling. The problem is, Clove (a vampire) saved him; thus beginning a new journey for him. As if he wasn't already confused about who he was!

A Shining in the Shadows shares a complicated journey of revenge, hatred and eventually a surprising alliance. The story is about family and how, when united, any foe can be defeated.
I was impressed with book two of the Gabriel Davenport series. Beverly Lee gave blood and sweat to ensure the story's buildup of Gabriel's new life was understood. The hierarchy of training and when dealing with ancient ones and paranormal creatures- all the things he was being trained to fight against! Now being one with the night, he's on a completely new ballfield - and actually develops well.

The concept of information traveling through what's called a Bloodvyne was totally awesome. It's like the internet for vamps! LOL Information of a so-called cleansing was being passed- but I can't say much more, because that would be offering up SPOILERS, and I just don't do that. It was very creative and I loved it.

The book is good and if you've not read book one, it's okay. I'd honestly say that it could be standalone, but it would be best to read The Making of Gabriel Davenport. There is a lot of references to the first book, you even revisit them, so grab that book! Also, I believe there's another coming. Don't be left behind!

Okay, so I'm on to the next read. Cheers!

*http://bit.ly/ShiningShadowReview

A Shining in the Shadows, Book 2
The Gabriel Davenport Series
Beverly Lee
Published by Amazon Digital Services
Released April 7, 2014 ( )
  AReneeHunt | Nov 28, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,622,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible