YOTSUBA&!, Volume 3 by Kiyohiko Azuma

YOTSUBA&!, Volume 3

by Kiyohiko Azuma

Series: Yotsubato! (Volume 3)

English (6)  German (1)  All languages (7)
This is turning out to be a very cute series. I find the short chapters about Yotsuba, her family, and friends to be very endearing. I especially liked reading about and seeing how Yotsuba with her entourage celebrated the bon festival. This book had no translator's notes so I didn't know what some of the food was. I'm looking forward to reading volume 4. ( )
  SqueakyChu | Apr 11, 2016 |
At six, Yotsuba takes the bus for the first time by herself, visits the zoo, learns what Jumbo *really* does all day, gets a souvenir (wants more), meets Asagi's friend Torako, and goes to the festival to see fireworks for the first time: all ordinary life, but with a sweet spin as Yotsuba discovers these new experiences for herself.

One of my favourite parts of reading this series are the little sketches that follow each segment, which are always related to the story therein, but aren't carrying on the story exactly either: there's usually something to smile at or giggle about, and it's a lovely taste to leave in the reader's mouth. ( )
1 vote buriedinprint | Apr 8, 2013 |
The fun continues in this enjoyable series. We get to meet Asagi's friend Torako, her father, and Jumbo's career. ( )
  timothyl33 | Jul 14, 2011 |
Yotsuba& By Kiyohiko Azuma {Creator of Azumanga Daioh}

Lets see what best describes the manga, Yotsuba? Well if I had to choose one thing I would definitely say it’s funny. The book ‘Yotsuba&’ is set in fictional modern Japan. The best thing about this story is that there is always a surprise around the corner. As you follow a six-year old little girl, name Yotsuba. You get to see her views and responses to the simple things in life. The conflict of the story is Yotsuba wants to go to the fire works show, but she has to get rid of all the flowers. That she had brought from Jumbo the shy florist who sold the flowers to her for ten yen at his families flower shop. So Yotsuba dresses up as cupid and gets to work dropping all the flowers off to as many people as she can. Can Yotsuba get to the fire works show in time? Well you’ll just have to read the book. I recommend this book, to all that like fun comedy, or liked ‘Azumanga Daioh’ books. This book was made by, the same person. Who created Azumanga Daioh. Kiyohiko Azuma. As quoted from newtype USA anime magazine, “Yotsuba& should be on every manga fans bookshelf” and I totally support and agree with that. -Bree'nette
  kirkmiddle | Dec 18, 2006 |
I don't always understand everything in this series. The neighbor's mother is downright mean to her oldest, and the father's best friend (Jumbo) behaves and reacts in ways that seem mysterious to me. Even so, Yotsuba and the neighbor girls are funny and the series really holds my interest. Where's volume 4??? ( )
  adge73 | Nov 24, 2006 |

Kiyohiko Azumaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chauviré, EveTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Forsyth, AmyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hm?
Yotsuba!
Yen Press acquired this license and has republished the series with new translations. Originally published by ADV

When Asagi brings her a gift from Okinawa, Yotsuba is determined to return the favour - no matter what! Her search for the perfect present takes her to the park, but what will Asagi think of this hand-picked offering? As night falls and fireworks season kicks in, the sparks will fly (and so will Jumbo)!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,763,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible