Liar by K. L. Slater

Liar (edition 2019)

by K. L. Slater (Author)

How far would you go to protect your family? Single dad Ben is doing his best to raise his children, with the help of his devoted mother, Judi. And then Ben meets Amber. Everyone thinks this is a perfect match for Ben, but Judi isn't so sure.... There's just something about Amber that doesn't add up. Ben can't see why his mother dislikes his new girlfriend. And Amber doesn't want Judi anywhere near her new family. Amber just wants Ben and the children. The further Judi delves into Amber's personal life, the closer she gets to shocking secrets that could change everything. And Judi must make a decision that could lead to the most disastrous consequences. Liar is a compelling psychological thriller with a breathtaking twist that will keep you awake until the early hours. Perfect for fans of Behind Closed Doors, The Girl Before and The Sister.… (more)
Member:KristenY
Title:Liar
Authors:K. L. Slater (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2019), 352 pages

Work Information

Liar by K. L. Slater

3.5* ( )
  gumnut25 | Apr 21, 2020 |
This could have been a great book. It kept my interest all the way through, even though I had figured out most of the plot early on. I will still excited to see how it was all going to play out. However I feel like the motives were really lacking and the ending was really rushed. More than 90% of the book was building up to the end and then, well, it just ended. Not satisfying at all. ( )
  CatherineStewart | Mar 23, 2020 |
An easy read with an unbelievable storyline ( )
  karenshann | Dec 31, 2019 |
Oh My Liar is a complete mind bend, This book By K.L. Slater took me completely by surprise and what I thought I knew was turned topsy-turvy in this totally addictive tale.
From the moment I picked up Liar, I was sold, This story grips you from the start and I found it impossible to rest until I uncovered the mystery that was Amber.
Who is Amber?
What is her purpose?
What does she want?
And why the animosity towards Judy Bens Mother?
The plot thickens and I was rubbing my hands together in glee as this is totally my type of story.
And I can honestly say I so wasn't disappointed, Liar manages to layer the mystique superbly.
Bringing the story to a dramatic unexpected finale that I really didn't see coming at all.
No spoilers here Just the need to convey that this story is totally worth a read.
This is one of them books that you really can't say too much about the plot without giving away what in my opinion is a pure genius conclusion.
So my opinion on the main characters here, We have Ben widowed for two years and ripe for the picking. I found him a loveable mummy's boy and an easy target for Amber's schemes.
Amber herself is an enigma, it's clear she has her own agenda that we the reader are kept totally in the dark about.
Judy Bens mother, well she likes to be completely involved in her sons and grandsons lives she seems a strong determined lady.
Henry Bens dad and Judy's hubby, well he really got on my wick, he needs to get off his butt and help Judy more and as for the other things we discover about him well reading Liar, I'm just going to say it put me right off him.
The two little boys are cute Noah and Josh I would have liked a bit more interaction from these two. I felt we didn't quite get to determine their individual personalities. I think it would have been nice to sit down and get to know the boys properly.
So, in conclusion, this was a very delightful read, Liar was well written and brilliantly constructed.
It was easy to follow and kept my interest till the finish, and as an added bonus it even managed to shock and surprise me, so job well done K.L. Slater.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing me with an advance reader copy Of Liar By K.L Slater.
This is my own honest opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/beckiebookworm/ ( )
  carpathian1974 | Nov 7, 2019 |
Who is Amber?
What is her purpose?
What does she want?
And why the animosity towards Judy Bens Mother?
This is my own honest opinion.

https://www.facebook.com/beckiebookworm/ ( )
  carpathian1974 | Nov 7, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,325,100 books! | Top bar: Always visible