Dig or Die by Kenneth Redline

Dig or Die

by Kenneth Redline

532,003,736 (4.88)None

I couldn't put this book down. It is a great tribute to all those that served. Such an incredible read. ( )
  lizz76 | Feb 24, 2018 |
I’m a huge fan of war stories, and having a copy of this.. It’s amazing! It feels as if you are in the story yourself! It took a while for me to understand a few things but being a spouse to someone who is serving our great country, it didn’t take long. This book is a great remembrance to those who have fought and to those that are still fighting. The day receiving this copy, I couldn’t put it down! I definitely recommend it! ( )
  SerinaChaoAlonzo | Dec 13, 2017 |
Dig or Die, Kenneth Redline, is a remarkable surprise. The book is an historical novel, based on the author's experiences during World War I. If you read the back cover you will note that the volume was written by Redline in the 1930's as kind of a personal exercise. The text has been recently edited and published by his daughter, Judith Redline Coopey. I am glad that Ms. Coopey recognized the quality of this work and took the effort that she did. One might expect a somewhat amateurish effort, but the book is far from it.
Dig or Die is well conceived, extremely well written, and (except for a handful of minor 'typos') superbly edited. Despite my own interest, I have not read a lot about World War I, but Mr. Redline has provided more encouragement for a personal pursuit of WWI history. He succeeds in shedding light on the nature of his own War experiences. It certainly was a horrible war, as they all are, but the manifest courage and indomitability of the American soldier is well presented.
The book is both a good read and good food for thought. ( )
  daddywarbooks | Dec 4, 2017 |
To the men of Company C, First Regiment,
U.S. Engineers, 1917-1918
May they rest in peace

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,979,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible