The It Girls by Karen Harper

The It Girls

by Karen Harper

7119250,204 (3.35)1

Historical fiction about two sisters who were It Girls in their day.

Lucile Duff Gordon survived the sinking of the Titanic. This happened in the middle of this book. So, just picture what an exciting life Lucile led.
She was a self made woman,a very famous fashion designer.

Her younger sister, Elinor, was a famous romance novelist.

Very entertaining story.
I'm not going to go into any more detail because I don't want to risk any spoilers of their stories. ( )
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
Another great historical fiction book! It is amazing that this is the lives they led. Although I wish there would have been more emphasis put into the sinking of the Titanic. The fact that she was a survivor of that terrible tragedy and yet she still sailed on ships after! ( )
  Chelz286 | Aug 26, 2018 |
The it girls by Karen Harper
Like how the girls have found different careers: fashion designer and one a novelist.
Starts out as young girls and they are moved to Canada from England. Because of their fathers health problem they end up back in England as they are growing into young ladies, attending balls and coming out parties.
Like hearing of the differences between the two and mostly the historic events that occur during their lifetimes and how that changes things.
Paying off a boat owner as they rescue you from the sinking of the Titanic but it's not as it seems. Betrayal and how it effects each of them.
Loved hearing of all the travel, the fashion design and writing businesses over the years. Good read
  jbarr5 | Jul 17, 2018 |
I love it. So much in one story. I recommend it to everyone ( )
  angelheart31 | May 7, 2018 |
Boring account of Lucille, the designer who stole a seat on a Titanic lifeboat, and Whatshername, who wrote the shocking "The Green Hat." Yes, yes, she had an unhappy British marriage, blah, blah. ( )
  picardyrose | Feb 22, 2018 |

Promoting themselves from genteel poverty to fame, two beautiful sisters - one a daring fashion designer who sailed the Titanic and the other a writer of scandalous novels - become each other's most staunch supporter and harshest critic in the face of misunderstandings and confidences.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Karen Harper's book The It Girls was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,896,436 books! | Top bar: Always visible