Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

Member:EllenAllen
Title:Notebook
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Bantam Books (2004), Paperback, 272 pages
Rating:*

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended
    On Golden Pond: A Play by Ernest Thompson (TheLittlePhrase)
    One Summer by David Baldacci (JenniferRobb)

The Notebook novel is so much better than the movie. This is a book everyone should read to understand the timelessness of love. ( )
  ChristinaGoebel | Mar 30, 2019 |
A fun romance book. Short and easy to read because of the writer's skill. The characters were almost too perfect. A good attempt at describing true love between two people. It was engaging and warm. ( )
  DonaldPowell | Feb 5, 2019 |
A heart wrenching love story - they meet as teens and then are separated. The girls' mother feels they are of a higher class and live in another town), and when the boy goes into the military he writes, but she doesn't know, because the mother keeps them.
She later gives them to her and the girl, a young woman by now, engaged to marry a man of her class, goes to find him. She chooses Noah over the wealthy man. They marry, have children, a great life, but then she gets Alzheimer's.
  VhartPowers | Dec 27, 2018 |
I did not like this movie, I am probably one of the few. It was the ONLY Sparks movie I did not like. Now I really tried to like this book. It wasn’t bad but I felt like the ending was wayyyy to cliché. One thing I was really not expecting and did not like too much was how damn cheesy most of the lines were. I’m not talking a few I’m talking a TON of lines that were just way too cheesy for me and I love romance. It seems to jump around a lot and I really just thought the whole thing was a little to far fetched for my liking. Allie was annoying and Noah was annoying as well to me. I couldn’t grasp their chemistry for the life of me. ( )
  nicolemeier111 | Aug 29, 2018 |
Audiobook read by Barry Bostwick.

An elderly man recalls how he met his wife, writing the couple’s story in a notebook and reading sections to his wife, who is in a nursing home with dementia.

Maudlin. Simplistic. Wooden dialogue. Cardboard characters. On the plus side, I did like the depiction of how devoted Noah was to Allie as she is basically lost to him via dementia. All in all, however, I was bored and found myself rolling my eyes frequently. Just not my cup of tea. Thank heavens it’s a fast read (or listen).

Barry Bostwick does a good job of voicing the audio in that he sets a good pace, enunciates clearly, and gives credible voices to the characters. ( )
  BookConcierge | Aug 25, 2018 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will this story end?
I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
This is the original novel. Do not combine with the film.

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,182,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible