The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

The Notebook (original 1996; edition 2004)

by Nicholas Sparks

Member:evareads
Title:The Notebook
Authors:Nicholas Sparks
Info:Warner Books (2004), Paperback
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Tags:love, chick-lit, favourite

The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (1996)

Message in a Bottle by Nicholas Sparks (krizia_lazaro)
    The Pact by Jodi Picoult (nu-bibliophile)
    Nights in Rodanthe by Nicholas Sparks (khoov00)
    The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks (Anonymous user)
    Where the River Ends by Charles Martin (Nicnac63)
    Nicnac63: Charles Martin's writing style is similar to Nicholas Sparks'. Both display a great love story that stands the tests of hardships and time.
    Waiting For The Rain by mjeanpike (Norabee)
    Norabee: This is a truly beautiful love story that any fan of romance would love, but if you liked elements of The Notebook, you will definitely love this one - highly recommended
    The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons (pinkkrypto)
    pinkkrypto: An amazing love story. Incredibly touching.
    One Summer by David Baldacci (JenniferRobb)

English (255)  German (4)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (2)  All (1)  All (1)  All (265)
I found the story to be confusing when the author shifted from past to present to past. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
Read this book while deployed and thinking about my upcoming marriage upon arriving back in the states. The guy can write, but I think it kind of sneaky and clever on his part to make millions on the tears of so many women. A writer that truly plays his audience for suckers all the way to the bank. ( )
  Joe73 | Apr 17, 2018 |
A story about true love. If you get emotional when you read, have the tissues ready. I was not prepared and was caught off guard in the middle of an airport. ( )
  godmotherx5 | Apr 5, 2018 |
I actually didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. Loved the movie, but the book is only getting 3 stars from me....can't really pinpoint what didn't thrill me about it...who's to say. It was still a good book, just not as good as I had expected :( ( )
  nessa33 | Mar 22, 2018 |
I first listened to Nicholas Spark's "The Notebook," audiobook downloaded from iTunes. Yes, I actually paid for the audiobook. If I paid for it than download the pirated version from the internet, I was interested in listening to the whole story. I listened to the story told by Noah on his relationship with Allie while working at a dreaded law firm when they moved its location. The audiobook was a pleasant distraction from the office work environment. I must have listened to this story from my iPod for hours at length at work while still working. I did not know a man can write such a story of a relationship that female readers, audiences can relate to. I have seen the movie version of the book at theaters, and all the girls in the theater was crying at the end of the film. This story is so poignant and written with beautiful description. I must have listened to the audiobook around 2003, 2004 and I can still recall the words the author used to paint the scene when Allie and Noah meet again after years of being apart. The scene is depicted in the movie where Noah rows the boat in the water where flock of birds float around them. It is a beautiful scene. The reader/listener is engaged and wants to keep turning the page when there are scenes of Allie and Noah together. The story of their relationship can make a young girl hopeful. This is a nice escape to read and listen to. The ending is sad but not tragic. The book is written by a Virgo author and I have met Virgos that are sweet. The only author that can match this sad ending but overall nice story of a relationship is a Gemini writer, Erich Segal's "Love Story." The reader can tell that the male character loved his female character in the book. ( )
  majestic131 | Feb 25, 2018 |
This book is dedicated with love to Cathy, my wife and my friend.
Who am I? And how, I wonder, will this story end?
I am nothing special; of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
This is the original novel. Do not combine with the film.

An elderly lady with Alzheimer's disease listens to her old diaries that speak of the young love she has long forgotten.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,936,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible