The Knowledge of the Holy (Tozer Classics…

The Knowledge of the Holy (Tozer Classics Series) (original 1961; edition 2008)

by A. W. Tozer

What is the nature of God? How to capture a real sense of God's majesty and truly live in the Spirit? This beloved book, a modern classic of Christian testimony and devotion, addresses these and other vital questions, showing how to rejuvenate prayer, meditate more reverently, understand God more deeply, and experience God's presence every day.… (more)
Member:VJJ
Title:The Knowledge of the Holy (Tozer Classics Series)
Authors:A. W. Tozer
Info:Authentic (2008), Paperback, 147 pages

The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer (1961)

Writing: 5.0; Theme: 5.0; Content: 5.0; Language: 5.0; Overall: 5.0; Because this was an audio compilation of Tozer's classic book, I rated it as a book. Tozer gives a thorough discussion on the attributes of Jehovah God in the wonderful audio version of this classic volume. This has to be one of the best tomes ever written on the doctrine of God and His attributes. Wonderful. Highly Recommend. ***January 23, 2020*** ( )
  jntjesussaves | Jan 23, 2020 |
A re-read after many years. I came away even more impressed with Tozer's simple, succinct, clear, and profound description of God. It is a classic for a reason, or possibly many. An unvarnished truth told through a mastery of language, from the heart of one who loves the One so ... it's all here. ( )
  PCHcruzr | Oct 12, 2019 |
Probably one of the best books I have ever read. I wish I had taken a Christian Theology class in college with this as the textbook. While this is a short book and can be read in one sitting, it definitely has to be read very carefully, thoughtfully, leisurely, meditatively and slowly. I found myself reading certain passages and then picking up my Bible. I don't think you have to agree with every single thing that Tozer presents. I think he wants the reader to search the truth on their own. I can't wait to read more books and essays by Tozer. ( )
  LauraBethR | Mar 28, 2018 |
An Inspiring Classic on the Nature of God What is the nature of God? How can we recapture a real sense of God's majesty and truly live in the Spirit? This beloved book, a modern classic of Christian testimony and devotion, addresses these and other vital questions, showing us how we can rejuvenate our prayer life, meditate more reverently, understand God more deeply, and experience God's presence in our daily lives. Informative and inspiring, The Knowledge of the Holy illuminates God's attributes from wisdom, to grace, to mercy and shows through prayerful and insightful discussion, how we can more fully recognize and appreciate each of these divine aspects. This book will be treasured by anyone committed to the Christian faith. It bears eloquent witness to God's majesty and shows us new ways to experience and understand the wonder and the power of God's spirit in our daily lives.
  tony_sturges | Mar 16, 2018 |
tozer always challenges me. this was a book I had to read slowly to try to fully understand some of his concepts he was discussing. ( )
  JWarrenBenton | Jan 4, 2016 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,748,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible