Ekklesia: Rediscovering God's Instrument for…

Ekklesia: Rediscovering God's Instrument for Global Transformation (edition 2017)

by Ed Silvoso (Author)

201861,637 (3.5)None
Dynamic New Teaching from Bestselling Author Ed SilvosoThe word church has many connotations; we think of it as a specific building, as a group of people, even as a long service to sit through. We hardly ever think of it as world-changing--and neither does society. Yet this is exactly what the first-century ekklesia was. In these vital, eye-opening pages, bestselling author Ed Silvoso takes you back to the first days of the church. Digging into Scripture, he shows how the New Testament church--devoid of buildings, professional clergy, and religious freedom--was able to transform the hostile, pagan places into which it was born and set in motion a process that changed the world forever. Even more, Silvoso offers a roadmap back to becoming the ekklesia Jesus called his church to be. In the midst of the social, economic, political, and moral chaos in our world today, we possess the hope that people and nations so desperately need--and we can become the revolutionary, transformational, life-giving voice Jesus called us to be. A new, in-depth curriculum kit--which features a DVD with 12 brand-new teaching sessions, a group guide for both leaders and participants, and a copy of the book--is also available. Expounding on the book's dynamic teachings, each kit contains everything you need to equip your group to transform the world around them.… (more)
Member:AnitaNavarro
Title:Ekklesia: Rediscovering God's Instrument for Global Transformation
Authors:Ed Silvoso (Author)
Info:Chosen Books (2017), Edition: Reprint, 272 pages

Ekklesia: Rediscovering God's Instrument for Global Transformation by Ed Silvoso

This is an amazing, revolutionary, eye opening book. It turns all the preconceived notions that you may have about what a church should be, on its head. I devoured this book and am going to buy a hard copy for my bookshelf.

This is a book that any church leader, elder or group leader should read. It makes you look differently at so many things. What I really enjoy is that Ed Silvoso gives examples to illustrate what he means. And these examples are all from the field, tried and tested.

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with the opportunity to read and review this book. ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,492,005 books! | Top bar: Always visible