Unexpected Grace: When Your Child is Born with Half a heart

by Annie B. Garman

5None2,469,502NoneNone
Unexpected Grace is the story of one anxious mother (that's me) whose biggest fear came true in the ultrasound room. While living in Reykjavik, Iceland, my family and I were thrust into the world of congenital heart defects when we heard the unexpected news: our daughter was only developing half of her heart. There were tons of questions and very few answers...Some people told me, "Just have faith,"...but I wasn't sure what that meant. Was I supposed to HAVE FAITH that God was going to heal her? ...But what if that wasn't His plan? Wait...was God waiting to heal her until I HAD ENOUGH FAITH? Had God already made a decision...or was he waiting for my prayers to sway His decision?Could I trust God regardless of what happened?I was in shock...anxious and confused. Lucky for you, I wrote it all down. Along the way, there was a volcanic eruption (that shut down major airports all across Europe), an economic recession, three open-heart surgeries, an immaculate conception (well...kind of...), a job hunt, an ambulance ride, and a miracle from Texas (yes, ma'am...that's the truth). But, I guess you'll just have to read it yourself. This book is not just for parents who have children with heart defects. It's not only for parents who deal with their children's medical problems either. It's actually not just for parents. This book is for everyone who gets weary in this sin-sick world and wonders where God is in the thick of the suffering. Can He be trusted when injustice seems to be winning? Is He really good like He claims to be?Is He worthy of our worship even when He doesn't answer our prayers like we think He should?This book explores these questions and reminds you, the reader, all along the way that YOU ARE NOT ALONE in the midst of your pain. P.S. Starting this book late at night has been known to cause sleep-deprivation.… (more)

No reviews

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,370,292 books! | Top bar: Always visible