After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley by Rob…

After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley (edition 2017)

by Rob Reid (Author), Sean Kenin (Narrator), January LaVoy (Narrator), Felicia Day (Narrator), Patrick Rothfuss (Narrator)5 more, John Hodgman (Narrator), Tom Merritt (Narrator), Jesse Cox (Narrator), Leo Laporte (Narrator), Random House Audio (Publisher)

Member:virginiahomeschooler
Title:After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley
Authors:Rob Reid (Author)
Other authors:Sean Kenin (Narrator), January LaVoy (Narrator), Felicia Day (Narrator), Patrick Rothfuss (Narrator), John Hodgman (Narrator)4 more, Tom Merritt (Narrator), Jesse Cox (Narrator), Leo Laporte (Narrator), Random House Audio (Publisher)
Info:Random House Audio (2017)
Collections:Audible, Your library
Tags:March19

After On: A Novel of Silicon Valley by Rob Reid

I just couldn't.

This book is not even close to what I imagined from the synopsis and reviews I've read. The dare at the beginning is silly and it won't justify the fact that this book is unnecessarily long.
Dialogue is overly artificial, vague and stupid, and the author treats the reader as someone dumb. The wording's somewhat annoying and I noticed there's kind of a pattern.
I honestly don't know what the target audience is supposed to be after reading both synopsis and roughly the first fifty pages from this. I really wished that this book was great, but it was an utter frustration. From my point of view, the Jedi are evil and the ending, however great it may be, is not worth the effort of toiling through all this wall text.
If you've read until here, I'm really sorry for the grammar xd ( )
1 vote Spr1t3 | Jul 31, 2018 |
Interesting look at the culture of tech industry in the first part of the book, followed by a nice take on AI evolution in the second part. ( )
  Guide2 | Dec 2, 2017 |

"A group of young Silicon Valley engineers builds a new global social network...that becomes a sentient AI with the personality of a Buzzfeed-crazed teen girl"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,149,021 books! | Top bar: Always visible