Barbaro (Em Portugues do Brasil) by Renato…

Barbaro (Em Portugues do Brasil)

by Renato Moriconi

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I wanted to like this book. I am fond of many wordless books but this one didn't intrigue me or wow me with its drawings.

Is the little boy afraid of riding a merry-go-round horse? Or did the boy cry because he didn't want to get off the ride?

The boy is like a little barbarian and not afraid of cyclops or flying goblins or venus flytraps but he is afraid of his father?

I don't get it. ( )
  TheOaksPCW | Sep 16, 2018 |
The Little Barbarian
Author/Illustrator: Renato Moriconi

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Kids will be so tickled by this book (as was I)! It really captures the immersive and endlessly creative nature of children’s play.

Can you imagine how good it feels to gallop on your horse or fly through the air having brave adventures with your gallant steed? Well, that is the feel of this book. The “little barbarian” mounts his horse and races off. The enemies they face are culled from mythology and just pure kid thought. There are dragons, cyclops, a pit of vipers, a sea monster, a god-like character shooting lightening, etc. Sometimes he and his horse are on the ground and sometimes he flies overhead. Hs shield and sword move from side-to-side. Never does the reader need to feel fear because the main protagonist is never afraid. His expression remains calm throughout. The two of them can cope with any situation.

I don’t want to reveal the surprise ending but there are clues - the front cover illustration, the long and skinny format, the way the horse is drawn. The conclusion will charm parents and thrill children when they realize the barbarian is just like they are.

In conclusion, I highly recommend this story. It evoked so many wonderful memories of adventures on and off “horses”. I know this book will help your and your kids create new adventures as well. ( )
  pammycats | Aug 28, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Renato Moriconi uses illustration to tell the story of a fiercely brave barbarian as he battles ogres, winged creatures and the weather. The illustrations tell the story without using words. My 4.5-year-old likes making up a different story each time he reads it. ( )
  CarolineMCarrico | Aug 27, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My 4-year-old loves this book! It has very quickly become one of her most-frequently requested bedtime booksI ( )
  GStelle | Aug 27, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Super cute little book about a fierce little barbarian who fights and conquers all types of obstacles. Simple story is told all through pictures and would appeal to both very young kids and early readers. ( )
  AlinaA | Aug 23, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Renato Moriconi's book The Little Barbarian is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,015,156 books! | Top bar: Always visible