After Many Years: Twenty-One Long Lost…

After Many Years: Twenty-One "Long Lost" Stories by L. M. Montgomery (edition 2017)

by L. M. Montgomery (Author)

Although best known for creating the spirited Anne Shirley, L. M. Montgomery had a thriving writing career that included several novels and more than five hundred poems and stories. This collection brings together rare pieces originally published between 1900 and 1939 that haven't been in print since their initial periodicals. Collins and Woster have carefully curated a mixture of newly discovered stories that showcase all the charm you expect from Montgomery. With scholarly prefaces and notes for each piece, the book offers readers a rare glimpse into how Montgomery's writing developed over the years.… (more)
Member:MaryPinko
Title:After Many Years: Twenty-One "Long Lost" Stories by L. M. Montgomery
Authors:L. M. Montgomery (Author)
Info:Nimbus Publishing (2017), Edition: Annotated edition, 314 pages

After Many Years: Twenty-One "Long-Lost" Stories by L. M. Montgomery

Book received from NetGalley.

This is another book that caused me to squeal like a fangirl when NetGalley approved me, and I admit I'm a huge fan of this author's works. I have loved L.M. Montgomery's books ever since my Grandmother bought me my first copy of Anne of Green Gables when I was 8. I'm always thrilled when they find more of her "lost" stories most of which were published in the various magazines of the era. The reasons the book got a 4-star rating was due to many of the stories being a bit extreme in the soppy morality tales of the era and the fact that many were fairly familiar to anyone who has read the majority of Montgomery's novels since she changed various things slightly and reused them. Other than that the stories were cute and quick to read and the explanations at the end of how and where they found them as well as where and when they were originally published just added to the enjoyment of the book for me. This is definitely a must for any L.M. Montgomery fan. ( )
1 vote Diana_Long_Thomas | Jul 17, 2017 |

L. M. Montgomeryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Collins, Carolyn StromEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Woster, ChristyEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Although best known for creating the spirited Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables), L. M. Montgomery had a thriving writing career that included several novels and more than five hundred poems and short stories.

This collection brings together rare pieces originally published between 1900 and 1939 that haven't been in print since their initial periodicals. Collins and Woster have carefully curated a mixture of newly discovered stories that showcase all the charm you expect from Mongomery. With scholarly prefaces and notes for each piece, the book offers readers a rare glimpse into how Montgomery's writing developed over the years.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,135,390 books! | Top bar: Always visible