The Caldera (The Brotherband Chronicles) by…

The Caldera (The Brotherband Chronicles) (edition 2018)

by John Flanagan (Author)

On a mission to rescue Empress Justina's son from his pirate kidnappers, Hal and the brotherband crew set sail amid stormy seas to the island of Santorillos where they encounter a formidable obstacle, a caldera.
Member:Latherial
Title:The Caldera (The Brotherband Chronicles)
Authors:John Flanagan (Author)
Info:Puffin Books (2018), Edition: Illustrated, 384 pages

Work Information

The Caldera (The Brotherband Chronicles) by John Flanagan

This story was a lot of fun! I seem to be reading into characters and situations more than I should because I always think there is going to be some big plot twist when there isn't! Haha! Overall this is a fun book and I really enjoyed the sea battles that the crew partook in this time. It had so much detail to it and I felt like I was right there along for the journey! ( )
  klcarmack | Nov 12, 2021 |
This book covers more of the world, but disguises it as usual. We travel Byzantium and get to meet a young Constantine. We also get to know Stig's dad. This series continues to amaze how the settings and characters are from history, but tweaked just enough you realize it is fiction. I look forward to the next in the series! ( )
  GlenRH | Jul 26, 2021 |
Another solid effort by Flanagan. Stig's deadbeat father, Olaf, returns to Hallashom to ask for help rescuing Constantus, the 10-year old emperor of Byzantos, who was kidnapped by the pirate Myrgos while under Olaf's care as chief of security. On the way to Byzantos and finding Myrgos' lair, Hal, Thorn and the gang help some old friends along the way. The daring rescue is exciting, especially when things go awry. Then, Constantus returns to Byzantos, where his Regent mother has seized power, and there are more challenges for Olaf and the Heron crew. ( )
  skipstern | Jul 11, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Information from the Czech Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,381,479 books! | Top bar: Always visible