Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Mark for Blood: A Mason Dixon Tropical…

Mark for Blood: A Mason Dixon Tropical Adventure Thriller (Mason Dixon… (edition 2017)

by Nick Thacker (Author)

1221,128,602 (3.5)None
Member:vaspitfire
Title:Mark for Blood: A Mason Dixon Tropical Adventure Thriller (Mason Dixon Thrillers Book 1)
Authors:Nick Thacker (Author)
Info:Turtleshell Press (2017), Edition: 1, 370 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:thriller, series, kindle unlimited, assassin, bar owner

Mark for Blood by Nick Thacker

This book starts off very promising! Mason Dixon (nice name, eh?) is a bartender, and an assassin. The twist? His "marks" come to him, in his bar! Certainly an original way to go about it! But one night, the wrong "mark" gets killed, and, well, there in begins the story!
And, for me, the end of the interesting components of the tale. Mason is tough, but dang he spends a lot of time talking about mixing drinks, in minute detail! This book is part action/thriller, part bartender's guide! And that second part was not my cup of tea. A nice attempt at an original idea! ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Jan 3, 2018 |
Mason Dixon is a killer. Maybe not for hire, but definitely working for someone. He also runs his own bar, which makes for interesting digressions on the merits of different whiskies and how to mix the perfect cocktail.

Mason is in his bar one night when his latest mark walks in, pushing all the right buttons to make Mason despise him and look forward to the pleasure of executing him. The mark leaves the bar unobserved and Mason dashes outside. He is just in time to stop the mark attacking a young woman and kills him in front of her.

From that moment Mason's life gets more and more complicated. He reveals more than he intends to the girl, who - rather than being shocked - promptly tries to hire him; the guy he killed turns out to be a rival, not a mark; his boss refuses to pay him; threats to the girl keep escalating; and his car breaks down at the most inconvenient moment.

The book is full of surprises - from the nature of the threats to the girl, to the identity of "the boss". The characters are well drawn and make you want to know more about them.

I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. When I first heard what it was going to be about I was doubtful whether I would take to it - serial killers are not my favourite characters to read about - but I found that I did enjoy it, and I'll be looking out for the next book in the series. ( )
  Kindleifier | Jul 19, 2017 |

Nick Thacker is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,483,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible