Think and Grow Rich: or Men and Woman who…

Think and Grow Rich: or Men and Woman who Resent Poverty (original 1937; edition 2014)

by Napoleon Hill (Author)

What Do You Want Most? Is It Money, Fame, Power, Contentment, Personality, Peace of Mind, Happiness? The Thirteen Steps to Riches described in this book offer the shortest dependable philosophy of individual achievement ever presented for the benefit of the man or woman who is searching for a definite goal in life. This is not a novel. It is a textbook on individual achievement that came directly from the experiences of hundreds of America's most successful men. It should be studied, digested, and meditated upon." (Dr. Miller Reese Hutchison). After reading the story, you will realize that you are about to come into possession of a philosophy which can be transmuted into material wealth, or serve as readily to bring you peace of mind, understanding, spiritual harmony and help you master physical affliction.… (more)
Member:memocan
Title:Think and Grow Rich: or Men and Woman who Resent Poverty
Authors:Napoleon Hill (Author)
Info:CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (2014), 104 pages
Tags:to-read

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (1937)

English (34)  French (1)  All languages (35)
I had first heard about this book while listening to Entrepreneurs on Fire. In fact, many of the guests indicated that this book significantly impacted their success. Naturally, I had to put it on my reading list. Because the book was written in 1937, it qualifies as my "book published before you were born" for the Modern Mrs. Darcey 2016 Reading Challenge. The book I am referring to is Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. In this book, Hill shared the secrets to Andrew Carnegie's success and wealth. For me, this book was about developing a success mindset. I found the book to be mesmerizing. READ MORE ( )
  skrabut | Sep 2, 2020 |
The author begins with the story of how he got the secret to wealth from Andrew Carnegie.
Then he goes on to say how the reader, as he reads this book, will stumble upon the great elusive secret to untold riches; which I too would have found out if I had the grit to finish this book.

There were two main reasons for me quitting on this book:

1. Never have I encountered such cheesy writing. Just try and read the following page:

Now you see what I mean? I thought this would be just limited to the preface, but he kept a similar style well into the first chapter as well.

2. It was such a pain to read the capitalized words in the middle of sentences. Dear author, I understand that you want to highlight the word, but pray, can you at least not make it an eyesore?

Maybe I'm being overly dramatic, but I expect a certain level of literary standard from the books that I invest my time in.
I don't know if I'll ever pick it up again, but it certainly won't be anytime soon.
  Govindap11 | Mar 21, 2020 |
The question we've all got to ask ourselves is, what's the biggest secret behind unlimited success, behind having a successful life, and behind starting and creating a successful business venture? Is it self-discipline? Passion? Hard-Work? Persistence? Setting goals? Having a dream and knowing how to define it and how to pursue it? Napoleon Hill was definitely a pioneer of self-help books and has written books that have been sold to millions of people all over the world, and he was most definitely a man of his time because of the choice of his words, and he most definitely knew something only rare people knew back then and only rare people know today. What that is, I've got my own idea, and so will you, if you'll decide to dedicate your precious time to reading this self-help classic. Who knows, perhaps you'll discover your limitless potential somewhere inside it, and see for yourself that everyone can achieve the highest level of success imaginable. I believe it's worth a shot. ( )
  Champ88 | Dec 25, 2019 |
This book contains pseudo science which may or may not be true. I would advise one to take the author's ideas with a pinch of salt. Eg transmutation of sex. sorry I believe a good amount of focus and then relaxation is good for the body and mind.

Also, it talks about how his deaf boy starts to hear again through desires. Sorry desire is one of them but the author play a part in helping his boy to listen (parent's support, positiveness) and the most impt factor is medical advancement.

The book talks a lot about desires and faiths. if you think about it, some desires are easily achieveable but some are not. Eg if you desired to be a truck driver, you will most likely be one cos it's attainable. but if your desires are far greater, then you need more concrete actions. ( )
  Wendy_Wang | Sep 28, 2019 |

Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |

Hill, Napoleonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Holden-Crowther, BenEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hurst, KatherineEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
A Word From The Author. In every chapter of this book, mention has been made of the money-making secret which has made fortunes for hundreds of exceedingly wealthy men whom I have carefully analyzed over a long period of years.

self-help in post-depression era America. Set your goal, remind yourself everyday, and put yourself on the path through attention and focus to becoming "rich". Dated in presentation, but timeless in concept. Pre-curser to the more contemporary version "The Secret"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,400,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible