Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

Think and Grow Rich (original 1937; edition 2011)

by Napoleon Hill

Member:MarkKonyndyk
Title:Think and Grow Rich
Authors:Napoleon Hill
Info:Tribeca Books (2011), Paperback, 238 pages
Rating:***

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (1937)

English (36)  French (1)  All languages (37)
I'm listening to this as an audiobook while getting other things done. It was written in 1938 and I don't think has aged well, in regards to writing style. However you can't take a step into positive thinking/learned happiness/learned optimism waters without hearing about this book. It seems to be the primordial well from which all other positive thinking guides spring. So, I'm listening to it mostly as research so I know what the heck everyone is talking about. ( )
  KimBooSan | Sep 23, 2017 |
This is the single best selling personal success book of all times. ( )
  Ruxuan_Zhang | Mar 30, 2017 |
I was interested to read this because it inspired Bad Brains. Makes some good points and reiterates some ideas I've read in other books of the genre. ( )
  Bricker | Jan 19, 2017 |
The book was written just after The Great Depression of the 1930s, however, much of its advice is still relevant today. There are a few dated areas, but there are small, minor, and far-between. This book is as good today as it was then. ( )
  Dollinha | Dec 23, 2016 |
Synopsis: Mr. Hill takes us through the process of thinking like a champ and tells us it will work.   My Thoughts: I suspect this book would be good for someone who actually wants to accomplish a large goal, or someone focused on attaining a large amount of money.   For me, I've accomplished the large goals in life I want [married, own our own place and work at a job I Iove] and money, while necessary, isn't something I want to be chasing after. I'm a Christian and the words Hill uses in describing how to attain riches are words I would only feel comfortable using about Jesus, not money.   However, there were some good tips about focusing, staying positive and other stuff. I am not a big non-fiction kind of guy. So if I read 2 non-fiction a year, I'm doing really good.   This was recommended to me by a really good friend who is a retired investment manager, so in all fairness, I actually finished this book more because of my respect of him than because of anything in this book.   Author: Napoleon Hill   Rating: 1 of 5 Stars     Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
A Word From The Author. In every chapter of this book, mention has been made of the money-making secret which has made fortunes for hundreds of exceedingly wealthy men whom I have carefully analyzed over a long period of years.
self-help in post-depression era America. Set your goal, remind yourself everyday, and put yourself on the path through attention and focus to becoming "rich". Dated in presentation, but timeless in concept. Pre-curser to the more contemporary version "The Secret"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0449214923, Mass Market Paperback)

Here are money-making secets that can change your life. Inspired by Andrew Carnegie's magic formula for success, this book will teach you the secrets that will bring you a fortune. It will show you not only what to do but how to do it. Once you learn and apply the simple, basic techniques revealed here, you will have mastered the secret of true and lasting success. And you may have whatever you want in life.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:47 -0400)

An updated edition of the best-selling guide features anecdotes about such modern figures as Bill Gates, Dave Thomas, and Sir John Templeton, explaining how their examples can enable modern readers to pursue wealth and overcome personal stumbling blocks.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,979,702 books! | Top bar: Always visible