The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur

The Sun and Her Flowers (edition 2017)

by Rupi Kaur (Author)

A revised hardcover edition of the #1 New York Times bestseller the sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur, author the #1 New York Times bestseller milk and honey. Her long-awaited second collection of poetry is a vibrant and transcendent journey about growth and healing. Ancestry and honouring one's roots. Expatriation and rising up to find a home within yourself.   Divided into five chapters and illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising, and blooming. A celebration of love in all its forms.   this is the recipe of life said my mother as she held me in her arms as i wept  think of those flowers you plant in the garden each year  they will teach you that people too must wilt fall root rise in order to bloom… (more)
Member:TeaganMorris
Title:The Sun and Her Flowers
Authors:Rupi Kaur (Author)
Info:Simon & Schuster (2017), Edition: First

Work Information

The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur

English (40)  Dutch (1)  All languages (41)
3.5 stars ( )
  Sara_Lucario | Oct 19, 2021 |
I feel that this author is overhyped and having lived through some of these experiences the poetry doesn't seem to speak to my pain. ( )
  MorbidLibrarian | Sep 18, 2021 |
I try to express only my most honest opinion in a spoiler-free way. Unfortunately, there is still always a risk of slight spoilers despite my best efforts. If you feel something in my review is a spoiler please let me know. Thank you.

So I am not much one for poetry, but after the second book by Rupi Kaur, I'm really coming to like them. I haven't experienced heartbreak over the loss of love in years, so most of this I know but don't feel. However, the strong poems about being a woman and about current love all speak strongly to me. I ended this book feeling uplifted. If or when I ever feel like trying some more poetry, Rupi Kaur's books will be my first stop. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I didn't feel challenged by this collection. ( )
1 vote booksforbrunch | May 5, 2021 |
Fantastic!!! ( )
  kakadoo202 | Apr 27, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,458,488 books! | Top bar: Always visible