Plague Land (Remade) by Alex Scarrow

Plague Land (Remade) (edition 2017)

by Alex Scarrow (Author)

Collections:Books I Have Read, E-Books I Own
Tags:Post-Apocalypse, Plague

Plague Land (Remade) by Alex Scarrow

Recently added byVerkruissen, KelMunger

I was given the opportunity to read this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. Seeing how this was a interesting sounding post-apocalyptic story I knew I had to give it a shot. I'm really glad that I did.
The story starts out in England with the siblings of a recently divorced mother starting over in England after growing up in the United States. Leon is not having an easy time fitting in to his new school but he was always somewhat of an outsider. His younger sister Grace, on the other hand has no problems quickly becoming the new popular girl in school.
Leon sees a story about a virus starting in Africa and quickly becomes obsessed with following the story. Quite quickly they find out that this virus is quickly spiraling out of control as it liquefies it's victims in less than an hour. Leon's father calls from New York to tell them that the virus is airborne and they have to get out of the city as quickly as possible. While they flee the city via train they find out that the virus has already gotten onto the train and is quickly killing everyone.
We also find out that the virus is intelligent and is gathering the DNA to try to reproduce the lifeforms it has been killing. You can tell the virus is quickly developing into something that actually functions like regular life forms on Earth.
Without giving away any spoilers I found that the story line was unique and engaging. The way the survivors have survived the plague is quiet surprising and the ending leaves with a huge cliffhanger. I am very much looking forward to the next book. ( )
  Verkruissen | Oct 12, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,643,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible