Where Are You Hiding, God? by Elisabeth…

Where Are You Hiding, God? (edition 2017)

by Elisabeth Zartl (Author)

2110691,563 (4)None
Member:TABrowne
Title:Where Are You Hiding, God?
Authors:Elisabeth Zartl (Author)
Info:Westminster John Knox Press (2017), 24 pages
Rating:*****

Where Are You Hiding, God? by Elisabeth Zartl

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a cute story and the art work is colorful, which I would think would be very attractive to children. The words on each page are few and simple, making the reading it to the child short enough to keep their attention and, perhaps, easy for the child themselves to read. This book would be appealing to the religiously minded.

However, a parent with strong Christian beliefs within a Biblical framework, they might interpret this book as panentheism if not pantheistic. For example, it is about a girl looking for God and in one page finds Him in a leaf touching her. However, I see no real harm to a child's development of Christian belief as long as the parent is properly educating them.

Therefore, my recommendation comes with some caution. ( )
  atdCross | Dec 3, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Love this book. I teach bible lessons to preschoolers at my church and I am always trying to communicate the idea of God with us. That God is in everything we see and within us. This is a wonderful book for this. It has peaceful, fun illustrations and I can see reading this to them over and over. ( )
  TABrowne | Oct 12, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I read this book to my 3 year old and she really liked it. It prompted a discussion about God and his presence in our life. While there's not much to the story from an adult perspective, my daughter paid close attention and liked the illustrations. ( )
  ArtVanDelay1774 | Oct 4, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I thought that this book was going to be a really cute read for children and benefit their view of God. However, the way that it was presented almost made it feel pantheistic, whether or not it was supposed to come across that way. The copy I have and reviewed was just a reviewer copy so I do not know if there will be changes made or not.
  MarJanita | Sep 22, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What a charming book, just perfect for preschool children. The illustrations are quite lovely, filled with beautiful nature scenes. The storyline is so sweet and it moves along at a great pace. Children will be delighted to hear the questions of a young girl seeking to find God. It's an engaging book for little ones to point to 'hide and seek' places. There's a wonderful moral here for everyone, that God is everywhere and always with us. My favorite line, "I would like to find you." Excellent for Home/Sunday School libraries and gift-giving.

5/5 stars! Love the book and highly recommend! ( )
  LadyD_Books | Sep 16, 2017 |

Colorful illustrations, simple text.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Elisabeth Zartl's book Where Are You Hiding, God? is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,988,711 books! | Top bar: Always visible