"A biography of Sacagawea, the Shoshone woman who served as a translator for the Lewis and Clark Expedition."--Provided by publisher.

My first book in this series but certainly not my last. With illustrations captivating enough for a toddler and text complex enough for an elementary school student this book will be part of our home library for a long time. Not only does it tell the story of Sacagawea but touches on the limitations of what we know in a way that's understandable to a young child. Injustices typical of the time are not glossed over but are not the primary or only part of the story but rather add to the rich and complex narrative. Could not be more pleased with this purchase! As a teacher and a parent I highly recommend it. ( )
  cubana2004 | Aug 1, 2020 |
If this isn't an inspiring story for young ladies, I don't know what is! We learn how this young lady was actually given her name and the myriad of ways it was spelled. We discover the atrocities of war even back then, and how motherhood could be on the new frontier. We even learn that the images we've come to recognize of this fair Indian maiden...may not exactly be of this fair Indian maiden...and while all that is sinking in, we are entertained as well with the lovely and at times comical illustrations that fill ever two page spread. Definitely a life story you don't want to miss.

***copy received for review ( )
  GRgenius | Sep 15, 2019 |
I absolutley loved this book. It take you through the life af Native American Sacagawea, and what led up to her being captured and given to a french man who would later become her husband. She was then asked to help two explorers becuase of her ability to sppeak Navative American languages.This book can be used as an introduction to foreign language as well as History. ( )
  Rmendez11 | Jan 31, 2018 |
Everyone with a child or who knows a child needs to have this book. Beautifully written and illustrated, "I am Sacagawea" will encourage children, young adults, and everyone else that nothing can stop you from blazing your own trail. What a wonderful attitude to instill in the youth of today. I highly recommend this book. ( )
  jtsolakos | Dec 3, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,456,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible