The Alzheimer's Medical Advisor: A…

by Philip Sloane (Editor)

Member:unclebob53703
Title:The Alzheimer's Medical Advisor: A Caregiver's Guide to Common Medical and Behavioral Signs and Symptoms in Persons with Dementia
Authors:Philip Sloane (Editor)
Info:Sunrise River Press (2017), 192 pages, Trade Paperback
Tags:Non-fiction, Medicine, How-To, Pbk, READ

The Alzheimer's Medical Advisor: A Caregiver's Guide to Common Medical and Behavioral Signs and Symptoms in Persons with Dementia by

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Love the book. Lots of great advice and tips. Will continue to use. It will come in handy as I am a care giver for an elderly gentleman myself ( )
  Deborah24 | Sep 23, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Nicely done! Well organized, easy to read, quick fact-based pages with practical information supported with research, reason and a compassionate view. Super discussion about the importance of self-care for the caregiver! 4 stars!
A bit more about mental health for the caregiver and the patient would move me to 5 stars!...but, as a mental health provider, I might be biased. A must-have manual! ( )
  rhughes1107 | Sep 22, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
_The Alzheimer's Medical Advisor_is a thorough and thoughtful assembly of helpful hints and tips for people caring for Alzheimer's patients at home. It includes guidance on consulting medical professionals, assisted living facility staff, worksheets and checklists for organizing important information and scheduling. ( )
  GaryLeeJones | Sep 22, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
this is an excellent handbook for all caregivers. It emphasizes both taking care of yourself and how to take care of the person suffering from dementia. Every chapter has Signs of a possible emergency, Other important Signs, Tips for providing relief at home, What to watch out for, and Taking care of your self. There are helpful illustrations, such as how to help somemone off a bed or guiding them to sit down. My father had Alzheimer's and i wish this book existed for my mother, who took care of him as he spiraled down. I only provided respite for my Mom during those years, my sisters did, too. We all would have benefited from this book. Although mymother learned most of this along the way, it would have been a great help to see what was coming and to prepare for the next stages. There is an exceeelnt index, making it easy to look up topics as they arise.
  cambridgecenter | Sep 21, 2017 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Alzheimer's is a devastating illness for the patient and the patient's family. This guide helps a caregiver understand what to prioritize and how to cope in a meaningful way with this illness. There is info on what happens to the patient and how to address the things that occur. There are also chapters covering what to expect at different stages. I recommend you get a copy if you know someone struggling with this illness or a caretaker trying to provide a safe environment for a loved one who has this disease. ( )
  barb302 | Sep 21, 2017 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

's book The Alzheimer's Medical Advisor is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,986,805 books! | Top bar: Always visible