One mixed-up night by Catherine Newman

One mixed-up night (edition 2017)

by Catherine Newman

Member:Ms.Elkins
Title:One mixed-up night
Authors:Catherine Newman
Info:New York : Random House, [2017]
Tags:chapter book, ikea, runaways, families, death, fathers, friendship

One Mixed-Up Night by Catherine Newman

Best friends Frankie and Walter sneak off to spend the night at IKEA. Walter has changed in the months since his father's death from cancer and Frankie hopes to get back the old Walter through their shared love of IKEA. The idea of an IKEA overnight sounds like fun but this send-up to "From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler" doesn't quite have the magic of its inspiration and the kids are preternaturally philosophical. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Dec 10, 2017 |
I woke up last night at two a.m. feeling too hot and I knew that my husband enjoying his just right temperature. So I decided to finish One Mixed UP Night by Catherine Newman in the living room with the ceiling fan going strong. There were two friends, both six graders who had known each other from kindergarten who thought of themselves as Nerds. They had a passion for a well known furniture chain store.

The two, Frankie (a girl) and Walter plan an overnight stay at the store and have a lifetime of different adventures and reveal their secrets to each other.

This not telling you much of what happened, that is for you to discover but one of the best things things in this book is that the author lets the kids think about the consequences and also discuss some very serious topics in their lives. The writing is spot on but I loved reading the thoughts of the kids.

I received this Advanced Reading Copy by making a selection from Amazon Vine books but that in no way influenced my thoughts or feelings in this review. I also posted this review only on sites meant for reading not for selling. ( )
  Carolee888 | Jul 30, 2017 |

"Unbeknownst to their parents, twelve-year-olds Frankie and Walter spend the night in an IKEA store"--

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,644,861 books! | Top bar: Always visible