Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane Book 3) by…

Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane Book 3) (edition 2018)

by Melinda Leigh (Author)

Member:kstadt929
Title:Bones Don't Lie (Morgan Dane Book 3)
Authors:Melinda Leigh (Author)
Info:Montlake Romance (2018), 345 pages

Bones Don't Lie by Melinda Leigh

I thoroughly enjoy this series (this one is book 3). It keeps me in suspense, it is action packed and is wonderfully written. It is not a favorite, but I do look forward to listening to book 4 soon! ( )
  kstadt929 | Nov 8, 2018 |
I am always amazed at the skill of an author to take a storyline, add side stories, twists and turns while still managing to make a complete story. Melinda Leigh is so very talented. The story of the missing father intrigued me, then she added in the stalker, and some new murders tying it all together perfectly. There were clues that led me to believe that I knew who was guilty of the various crimes and how the stories would all come together. I am happy to report that I was not quite the PI I thought I was. The ending was still a surprise to me.

The characters in Bones Don’t Lie were interesting. I was invested in Lance finding out what happen to his dad 23 years ago. Lance deserved to know what happen to his dad. He deserved to find out the truth for his own sake and his mother’s sake. It was great to see his friends willing to help him solve this mystery. I never dreamt who was guilty of the murder. The relationship between Morgan and Lance was almost an afterthought to the rest of the story. It was just understood that they were together and there wasn’t much romancing but the romance isn’t what drew me into the story.

Bone’s Don’t Lie is a book that I could not put down. I was invested in the characters, the storyline, and the ending. I recommend picking up your own copy and solving the who-dun-it mysteries. ( )
  Charlotte_Lynn | Mar 22, 2018 |
For twenty-three years Lance Kruger has been wondering what happened to his father. He left one evening to go to the grocery store and never returned, leaving ten-year-old Lance to care his mother who had and has a variety of mental illnesses including anxiety and agoraphobia. Lance was mentored by Lincoln Sharp who investigated the disappearance and has since formed his own private investigations business. After Lance was shot in the line of duty, he left the police force and joined Sharp as a private investigator.

This is the third book in this series. In the earlier books, Lance meets widowed lawyer Morgan Dane and her three young daughters. Now Morgan is in private practice as a defense attorney and renting an office from Sharp. Together they have investigated a few cases and have been building a relationship. Not an easy thing for a harried mother of young children and a man who has a mother who still suffers from a mental illness.

As this book begins, Vic Kruger's car has been discovered in a nearby lake and there is a body which has been reduced to bones in the trunk. At first it is thought to be Vic's and the placement indicates that he was murdered. They soon learn that the bones don't belong to Vic but rather to a young woman named Mary Fox who disappeared the same day Vic did.

Sharp, Lance and Morgan go back to the beginning and look at all the information about Vic's disappearance and now have a new disappearance to investigate. It also looks like the murderer has decided it's time to clean up any possible witnesses and more murders take place. Lance's mother is also attacked in what first looks like a suicide attempt.

This story is fast-paced and intense. The chapters from the murderer's point of view are chilling. I enjoyed the relationship that is building between Lance and Morgan. They are both great characters - strong, smart, and fierce. ( )
  kmartin802 | Feb 11, 2018 |

Private investigator Lance Kruger was just a boy when his father vanished twenty-three years ago. Since then he's lived under the weight of that disappearance--until his father's car is finally dredged up from the bottom of Grey Lake. It should be a time for closure, except for the skeleton found in the trunk. A missing person case gone cold has become one of murder, and Lance and attorney Morgan Dane must face the deadly past that's risen to the surface. For Lance, the investigation yields troubling questions about a man he thought he knew. But memories can play dirty tricks. For Morgan, uncovering each new lie comes with a disquieting fear that someone is out there watching, because someone is killing every witness tied to this decades-old crime. Morgan and Lance follow in the shadows of a relentless killer and walk right into the cross fire.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,264,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible