The Boy Next Door

by Ella James

Series: Off-Limits Romance (2)

1821,033,872 (3.5)None
A sexy and emotional Amazon Top 10 best seller from Ella James, USA Today best-selling author The boy next door. That's what he was. Dash Frasier - my hero from the day we met, when I was six and he was nine. His sister was my best friend, the three of us one happy crew. Then one sweaty summer night changed everything. No one understood me like Dash. No one made me feel so loved. That's why, when he skipped town, it wrecked me. Now I'm older. Wiser. I've just snagged my dream job, writing at a film studio. The lead animator on my project? You guessed it. He's not the boy next door. Not anymore. I'm guarding my heart this time. But Dash has secrets that could break us both.… (more)

I loved the story of Dash and Amelia. It was both happy and sad, I shed a few tears. A second chance love story for two people that both deserved that second chance more than most. I didn't want it to end!

ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Jenx9000 | May 9, 2020 |
This was not my first Ella James book and it won't be the last. This book is hart wrenching, haunting, unforgiving, and full of angst. There is a big secret in this book that is not revealed until dang near the end of the book, and it's a doozy, but I have also read books with bigger secrets. It's all in what you as the reader consider as a big secret. Dash and Amelia should have never worked. Dash because of his secret, Amelia because of her head being in the clouds. I felt that the chemistry was a little off, more like lopsided, more Amelia wanting it to work than Dash. Over all though this book is well written and well put together. This story is told in alternating views.

KGarner | Aug 4, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,842,427 books! | Top bar: Always visible