The Buddhist I Ching by Chih-hsu Ou-i

The Buddhist I Ching (edition 2001)

by Chih-hsu Ou-i (Author)

128None171,591 (2.63)None
For centuries the I Ching has been used as a basic map of conscious development, containing the underlying principles of all religions, and highly prized by followers of Buddhism. Chih-hsu Ou-i uses the concepts of Tianti Buddhism to elucidate the I Ching --concentration and insight, calmness and wisdom, and various levels of realization. Skillfully translated by Thomas Cleary, this work presents the complete text of the I Ching plus the only Buddhist interpretation of the oracle.… (more)
Member:AliG3

Chih-hsu Ou-iprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ou-i, Chih-hsumain authorall editionsconfirmed
Cleary, ThomasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

Translator's Introduction:  This book is a reading of the classic I Ching by the noted Chinese Buddhist Chih-hsu Ou-i (1599-1655), an outstanding author of the late Mind dynasty whose work influenced the development of modern Buddhism in China.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,575,429 books! | Top bar: Always visible