Reluctant Reunion (EsKape Reunion Series…

Reluctant Reunion (EsKape Reunion Series Book 2) (edition 2017)

by Ruth Hartman (Author)

741,941,999 (4.75)None
Member:librariansuzanne
Title:Reluctant Reunion (EsKape Reunion Series Book 2)
Authors:Ruth Hartman (Author)
Info:esKape Press (2017), 101 pages

Reluctant Reunion (EsKape Reunion Series Book 2) by Ruth Hartman

Reluctant Reunion opens with an original scene: protagonist Kennedy Cooper is auditioning for a part in a commercial while wearing a sheep costume and is "supposed to portray constipation". Her hoped for acting career in New York City never came to fruition and she suddenly finds herself homeless. Out of necessity, she returns to her family home in Indiana and her father's alpaca farm. She hates alpacas. Once there she has to come to grips with a changed reality and she has to make life changing decisions.
This is a well crafted tale about coming back home again and the strength of family. Highly recommended.

I received a complimentary copy of this book through LibraryThing. The opinions expressed in this review are my own. ( )
  SAMANTHA100 | Jun 16, 2018 |
Reluctant Reunion is such a beautiful story! I didn't want it to end. It has all the makings of a wonderful novel if only it was longer. I would have loved to see what happened next. ( )
  yafa2218 | Dec 7, 2017 |
Great short story! Kennedy, the main character, returns home to her father's house after being away for a long time. Her time in New York City didn't go as planned and she reluctantly goes home to Indiana. Her reunion turns out much better than she hopes as she rebuilds her relationship with her dad and gets to know her dad's new lady friend. A quick read, but well worth it!
  librariansuzanne | Oct 3, 2017 |
This is a heart touching story. Very easy to get attached to the main character and feel her pain and frustration. Great story of how we get so involved with our dreams for our future that we shut the rest of the world out. ( )
  IPagen | Sep 29, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,499,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible