OSIRIS: a novel by Eric C. Anderson

OSIRIS: a novel (edition 2017)

by Eric C. Anderson (Author)

212,551,640 (4)1
Member:kmartin802
Title:OSIRIS: a novel
Authors:Eric C. Anderson (Author)
Info:Dunn Books (2017), 212 pages
Collections:2017, August, Kindle, Reviewed, Read but unowned
Tags:Review, Thriller, NetGalley

Osiris by Eric C. Anderson

Recently added bydatrappert, kmartin802

In this near-future military thriller things in the always boiling Middle East boil over into warfare. The story is told from a number of viewpoints in a number of Middle Eastern countries. One thread has the American Embassy in under attack including a car bombing with a vehicle filled with radioactive materials. Rescuing the 5000 Americans trapped and dying of radiation sickness becomes a priority for the Americans.

This story had bunches of political maneuvering in the United States with everyone trying to find a way to cover their behinds. We see Turkey and Qatar adding to the chaos. In Turkey, the characters we follow are intelligence agents trying to find out what is going on and advising their bosses. In Qatar, agents are hired including an agent named ODIN to magnify the chaos by conducting cyberattacks.We see the Israelis taking advantage of the chaos to advance their own agents.

This all-too-plausible thriller reminded me a lot of Tom Clancy's work. The story is told from multiple viewpoints and is filled with techno-babble. This one doesn't has as much techno-babble but substitutes acronyms for various intelligence and military organizations. I wish I would have known about the glossary in the back before I started reading. Keeping the various alphabet agencies and organizations straight was quite a challenge.

This one is for fans of dense, political thrillers. I found it a compelling read but am not at all sure I know what really happened in the story. ( )
  kmartin802 | Sep 13, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,023,743 books! | Top bar: Always visible