Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter by Kenard Pak

Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter (edition 2017)

by Kenard Pak (Author), Kenard Pak (Illustrator)

"In a simple, cheerful conversation with nature, two young children witness how the season changes from autumn to winter"--
Member:EpiphanyPreschool
Title:Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter
Authors:Kenard Pak (Author)
Other authors:Kenard Pak (Illustrator)
Info:Henry Holt and Co. (BYR) (2017), 32 pages
Tags:Seasons

Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter by Kenard Pak

Beautiful pictures, very pleasant read for parents, but my toddler merely tolerates it. ( )
  Mrs.Soule | Nov 25, 2019 |
Two children - presumably the girl from Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn and her brother - walk through their neighborhood and town, greetings the flora, fauna and natural forces around them, and being greeted in return. Everyone and everything, from the birds to the chrysanthemums, the clouds to the sky, is changing with the seasonal shift, as autumn departs and winter comes in...

Much as with its predecessor, I found that I enjoyed author/illustrator Kenard Pak's artwork in Goodbye Autumn, Hello Winter far more than I did his text. The back-and-forth exchanges between the children and the natural world felt stilted and formulaic, rather than fresh and natural, and I found myself thinking, much as I did with Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn, that this would have made an excellent wordless picture-book. There is nothing covered in the text that isn't more than adequately depicted in the artwork. And what beautiful artwork it is! It reminds me a bit of Jon Klassen in style, but with a more colorful palette. Recommended to fans of Kenard Pak's artwork, and to anyone looking for visually appealing picture-books about the changing of the seasons. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Apr 22, 2019 |
See also: Goodbye Summer, Hello Autumn

Serene, double-page-spread illustrations accompany spare text as a girl and her little brother take a walk on a late autumn afternoon. Snow comes overnight, and they wake up to a world remade white and decorated with icicles. ( )
  JennyArch | Nov 27, 2018 |
This series is a beautiful, crisply illustrated way to explore the seasons. While seasonal books abound, these seasonal transition books are unique and feature a very diverse cast. Well worth the time to read, observe, and explore the pages. ( )
  ThatOneLibrarian | Aug 18, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,602,029 books! | Top bar: Always visible