Everless

by Sara Holland

Series: Everless (1)

THE TOP TEN BESTSELLER Time is a prison. She is the key. Packed with danger, temptation and desire - a perfect read for fans of The Red Queen. In the land of Sempera, the rich control everything - even time. Ever since the age of alchemy and sorcery, hours, days and years have been extracted from blood and bound to iron coins. The rich live for centuries; the poor bleed themselves dry. Jules and her father are behind on their rent and low on hours. To stop him from draining himself to clear their debts, Jules takes a job at Everless, the grand estate of the cruel Gerling family. There, Jules encounters danger and temptation in the guise of the Gerling heir, Roan, who is soon to be married. But the web of secrets at Everless stretches beyond her desire, and the truths Jules must uncover will change her life for ever ... and possibly the future of time itself. 'Sara Holland is a fierce storyteller. An intoxicating blend of blood, secrets, and haunting mythology, Everless gives new and terrifying meaning to the phrase running out of time.' Stephanie Garber, New York Times and Sunday Times bestselling author of Caraval… (more)

Blog Review: https://trishadoeseverythingbutstudy2.wordpress.com/2021/01/01/my-december-in-bo...

I didn't expect to, but I really liked it!

Yes, the love-triangle-sorta was irritating, yes this was really boring in the beginning, yes I still don't understand a lot of this, but do i care?

No the answer is no.

Funnily enough I'm not particularly sure why I likes this in the first place.

But I do. And so the 4 star rating.

I will read the next one asap.

I love this concept. Blood currency is amazing and I think the author did a good job of it. It's just that this had a lot of not that good stuff too

And this is why one doesn't write a review so many (10) days after reading the book; one forgets everything.

I did feel that this was a bit boring in the beginning....but it slowly picked up, and picked up well! The only big problem I have with this book is that nothing about it made it really special or notable for me...I literally don't even remember a lot about this, and it's been 10 days since I read this. Its really forgettable, and that's not a particularly good thing.

I didn't like the romance as much as I thought I would and the love triangle wasn't really a triangle in the end, which is something you think I might have liked, but I just didn't find a lot interesting.

I did have some theories, some of which were somewhat correct but most were farfetched. I also didn't realise till like the absolute end that the Alchemist was female all along, and I didn't read it correctly the first I-have-no idea-how-many-times.

On the whole, a pretty good book, and one whose sequel I will be reading , but in the end very forgettable. ( )
  trisha_tomy | Jun 1, 2021 |
This was just fine!! soft 4 stars! Kinda had some debut-stumbles, but it was like, really inoffensive? I like the concept quite a lot and though the ending twist left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth i still think the whole story behind it is really nice. I may eventually go for the sequel but overall I'm not super passionate about this. ( )
  Chyvalrys | Aug 5, 2020 |
Wonderful fantasy that kept me guessing! This is the second time in the last few months that I've read an authors debut book that has completely blown me away and I love it! The history of how the blood-iron started was a little confusing, but not so much so that I couldn't figure it out. It does end in a little bit of a cliffhanger but thankfully the second book was just published. While it hasn't been fully revealed yet I just KNOW Roan is not a good guy. He might not be necessarily bad but he definitely doesn't seem like he will be much help. I think he is a little of a sleaze and the fact that Jules doesn't put those clues together is a tad annoying. I do love Liam (the misunderstood "bad" guys are always fun) and hope there will be some romance between him and Jules at some point. This book doesn't really have much romance which I think would make it even better. ( )
  KeriLynneD | Jul 3, 2020 |
Loved it! ( )
  hipney | Jun 3, 2020 |
The last 4 chapters were the most interesting, I hope the sequel has that intensity. ( )
  Pascale1812 | Apr 16, 2020 |

Sara Hollandprimary authorall editionscalculated
BillelisCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,419,163 books! | Top bar: Always visible