dismiss

The Beauty of Us

by Kristen Proby

Series: Fusion (4)

New York Times bestselling author Kristen Proby delivers another sizzling novel in her delectable and sexy Fusion series. Riley Gibson is over the moon at the prospect of having her restaurant, Seduction, on the Best Bites TV network. This could be the big break she's been waiting for. But the idea of having an in-house show on a regular basis is a whole other matter. Their lives would be turned upside down, and convincing Mia, her best friend and head chef of Seduction, that having cameras in her kitchen every day is a good idea is daunting. Still, Riley knows it's an opportunity she can't afford to pass on. And when she meets Trevor Cooper, the show's executive producer, she's stunned by their intense chemistry. Trevor's sole intention is to persuade Riley to allow Best Bites TV to do a show on her restaurant. But when he walks into Riley's office, he stops dead in his tracks. The professional, aloof woman on the phone is incredibly beautiful and funny. But can he convince her that he's interested in Riley for himself? Or is he using the undeniable pull between them to persuade her to agree to his offer?… (more)

The Beauty Of Us is the fourth installment in this fantastic series the "Fusion" and boy I am having a blast with this group of women and their men. If you are new to this series, Fusion is a series that is centered around five women that starts a romantic and sexy restaurant called "Seduction" and Kristen Proby has done a superb job with developing this series and showing the female friendships that develop and I love seeing these five women come into their own dreams together and find love along the way.

In The Beauty Of Us we have a story that features around Riley and Trevor. Riley is basically the one in charge of all the social media and PR handling for Seduction and so when they receive an offer for a national tv series that showcases restaurants, she and the other girls agree to it, knowing it would be great coverage and recognition for their place all apart from Mia who is a bit of a pit bull when it comes to her kitchen. Riley has the WORST luck in men, and has practically lost faith in the male species and doesn't believe that there are any good guys left in the world until Trevor enters the picture who convinces her to give up online dating and take him out for a spin so she can show her that there are nice guys who know how to treat a woman right. And from their first meeting, there is magnetic chemistry between them and even though the air thickens from the sexual undertones, there is also something deeper than just attraction, and they seek to explore it even knowing that Trevor will be returning home in a few weeks. But one of them will have to make the career sacrifice if they want a real chance to be together....

The Beauty Of Us is such a heartfelt romance and I am pretty sure this book is NOT for everyone. This is an aspect of Kristen Proby's books that doesn't suit every romance reader because there aren't huge conflicts to the relationship necessarily. This is a book that I feel like many of us in real life can easily relate with. This is a story that you can see happening for REAL and it's so true to how humans react and I love seeing the ins and outs of this relationship and the bond that Trevor and Riley find with each other.

First off, I want to rave about this hero, because there are certain characteristics that we don't see too often in romance and that is the nerdy type of heroes. Trevor is such a nerd, but has his life together and takes care of himself. He is very well rounded from his love of Star Wars and gaming to exercising and being driven in his career. You see how steady and stable he is and that he has been hurt by the opposite sex too when his wife had cheated on him. But he isn't afraid to go after a good woman especially after meeting Riley.

"I want you to show me your lightsaber. " I reply, and bite his lower lip. "Right now."

"I had no idea that Star Wars would have this effect on you."

Riley is pretty well balanced herself, she has a career she loves, and amazing friends and we see her paving a beautiful life for herself even if that means bad dates in searching for her prince. She wants to find love just like her friends have found, but wonders why she keeps finding all the frogs. I love how she never gives up on finding love though, she is so determined to succeed despite all the bad experiences she is dealt with by men. But when she meets Trevor, she isn't resistant to him. She sees the good man that he is and how he treats her and respects her and the fun they have together.

“You’re killing me.”
“No, baby.” I press a kiss to her core and then lick down her lips and up again. “I’m making you feel alive.”

Their romance is slowly built with fun dates, laughter, and a slow building of chemistry. What I did like was that they didn't rush off to have a fling right away, we see some "courting" that happens in this story and I LOVED that. Seeing them develop the emotional intimacy alongside the physical intimacy was truly beautiful and Proby does these type of stories so wonderfully. The dynamics of their relationship truly connects to the reader from the emotion to the friendships and the hurdles this pair has to overcome!!! BREATHTAKINGLY VIBRANT!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 4, 2019 |
The Beauty of Us (Fusion) by Kristen Proby
Sisterhood and seduction = Friendly, Flirty, FunWhat makes the Fusion series so enchanting is that despite the tempting love connections, Ms. Proby shows how strong the bonds of friendship are. Riley, Kat, Addison and Mia have not only built a business, they've created a family. Through all of the broken hearts, the hookups and settling down, love between these friends is the glue that makes it all worthwhile. Everything else is just the icing on the cake. The Beauty of Us puts Riley is in the hot seat. Her quest for Mr. Right lands her in some sticky situations. Will she every find the perfect guy? Trevor is sweet, sexy and full of surprises. When business and romance collide will he risk it all for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Kristen Proby proves that she can seduce any heart with this hard to resist series. Will be sad to see it end. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
It has been a little while since I have read a romance. This book is just what I needed. The chemistry between Riley and Trevor was so hot that you will need a cool glass of water afterwards. As an added bonus this book is guaranteed to provide you laughs as well.

They always talk about first impressions and Riley sure made one heck of a first impression on Trevor. He learns that she has horrible luck with men but the worst offense is that Riley does not know the difference between star Trek and Star Wars. She even went as far as to mix of references to the two into one. Luckily for Trevor, who is a geek, he forgives Riley. The Beauty of Us is the perfect summer romance read that is sure to bring the laughs and heat! ( )
  Cherylk | Sep 16, 2017 |

Belongs to Series

Fusion (4)
“You’re killing me.”

"I had no idea that Star Wars would have this effect on you."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,951,162 books! | Top bar: Always visible