A Nantucket Wedding: A Novel by Nancy Thayer

A Nantucket Wedding: A Novel (edition 2018)

by Nancy Thayer (Author)

"Wedding bells are ringing, a family is reunited, and new love is blooming--for better or worse--in this captivating novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Island House and Secrets in Summer. A few years after losing her beloved husband, Alison is doing something she never thought she would do again: getting married. While placing the finishing touches on her summer nuptials, Alison is anxious to introduce her fiance, David, to her grown daughters: Felicity, a worried married mother of two, and Jane, also married but focused on her career. The sisters have a somewhat distant relationship and Alison hopes that the wedding and the weeks leading up to the ceremony will give the siblings a chance to reconnect, as well as meet and get to know David's grown children. As the summer progresses, it is anything but smooth sailing. Felicity stumbles upon a terrible secret that could shatter her carefully cultivated world. Jane finds herself under the spell of her soon-to-be stepbrother, Ethan, who is as charming as he is mysterious. And even Alison is surprised (and slightly alarmed) by her new blended family. Revelations, intrigue, resentments--as the Big Day approaches, will the promise of bliss be a bust? Against the gorgeous backdrop of the sunswept island of Nantucket, Nancy Thayer sets the stage for a walk down the aisle no one will ever forget"--"Wedding bells are ringing, a family is reunited, and new romances are blooming--for better or for worse--in an enthralling novel from the New York Times bestselling author of The Island House and Secrets in Summer. It's summer on Nantucket and Alison is finally engaged to the love of her life. Things would be perfect--if only she could make peace between her daughters. Felicity, wild at heart yet a loving mother to her own children, and Jane, the extremely organized and high-earning businesswoman, arrive on the island hoping to get through these next few weeks without ruining their mother's big day. But when Felicity's husband reveals a long-term affair and Jane falls for her soon-to-be step-brother, everyone gets way more drama than they bargained for"--… (more)
Member:JessVillafane
Title:A Nantucket Wedding: A Novel
Authors:Nancy Thayer (Author)
Info:Ballantine Books (2018), 338 pages
Rating:***

A Nantucket Wedding: A Novel by Nancy Thayer

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I’m just not really feeling this book at the moment so I’m going to have to put it on hold for now and possibly come back to it in the future. It’s getting too close to my favorite time of year (Fall/Halloween) and I have many more horror and thriller books to get to. This feels more like a Spring/Summer read and I’m just not in the right mindset to continue on with this one right now. ( )
  JessVillafane | Sep 20, 2019 |
Better than your average beach read. This book was fun between the craziness of a wedding and the blending of two families. ( )
  marciablnc | Aug 23, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is what I needed for a light summer read. I enjoyed the story, and of course the setting of life in a beach house in Nantucket. However, there were a lot of characters that I did not enjoy. Alison, the main character, was also too agreeable when sometimes she should have been furious. Descriptions/recaps also happened a lot in this book, when it wasn't needed. Overall it was a decent book. ( )
  Maggie.Chavarria | Aug 20, 2019 |
1 1/2 DNF @ page 108
I'm cutting my losses. I've wasted far too long on a novel whose characters are self-absorbed and selfish; far too elitist; not to mention the lack of substance and plot. ( )
  SaschaD | Aug 4, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was such a light read without a lot of substance. I did a lot of skimming and wanted issues in this blended family to be resolved. I didn’t think this Nancy Thayer book was one of her best. ( )
  terrylynn | Jul 5, 2019 |
For Charley
I want to hold your hand
Alison had no trouble spotting her younger daughter in the crowd milling around then ferry's blue luggage racks.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Nancy Thayer's book A Nantucket Wedding is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Nancy Thayer's book A Nantucket Wedding was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,744,455 books! | Top bar: Always visible