dismiss

An Unsubstantiated Chamber: Book One of the Rail Legacy (Volume 1)

by William J. Jackson

711,813,093 (2.67)None
Is it ever too late to do what is right?A fusion of steampunk and superheroics... this is the Rail. Mix in a healthy dose of human foibles, and you are in for a reading on the ups and downs of paranormals, how people react to them, and how their actions shape (and destroy) the world around them.THE GUILD OF HONOR: once this fabled society of paranormals kept the metropolis safe from abnormal threats, and gifted America with advanced steampowered technology. Then, jealousy and rivalry brought them to a deadly end at the hands of a military takeover.1886...Flag Banner Epsom. Aretha Tyne Astin. Two paranormals in a world that fears them, a Victorian Wonderland of fast trains and gravity-defying cloudcraft. Can these two solve an invisible murder, and catch a killer with plans to shed more blood, or will they succumb to the fist of the United States Regular Army?… (more)

An Unsubstantiated Chamber: The Rail Legacy, Book 1
Written by: William J. Jackson
Narrated by: Amy Pastoor
This is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary.
I love this steampunk fantasy book. It has a good mystery, fantasy-(certain people have talents or paranormal gifts), a good plot, and interesting characters. I can't say I liked the main characters at first, I don't think the reader is suppose to. The characters grow as the book continues. I wonder how they will change in future books because they are still not quite there yet, but better. They are paranormals that were killing paranormals for the government to begin with. Great mystery with good surprises and twists. I enjoyed it.
The narrator was pretty good too. ( )
  MontzaleeW | Sep 16, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,207,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible