What the Best College Students Do by Ken…

What the Best College Students Do (edition 2012)

by Ken Bain (Author)

1291165,537 (4)None
The author of the best-selling book What the Best College Teachers Do is back with more humane, doable, and inspiring help, this time for students who want to get the most out of college--and every other educational enterprise, too.
Member:Justjosie
Title:What the Best College Students Do
Authors:Ken Bain (Author)
Info:Belknap Press: An Imprint of Harvard University Press (2012), Edition: 1, 304 pages

What the Best College Students Do by Ken Bain

What the Best College Students Do is a great book to read if you are entering college. The concept behind this book is that in order to get the most out of your education and your life, you must become a deep learner. It challenges many aspects of society and education that are considered normal, and uses many different experiments and surveys to prove their flaws. It is also filled with success stories of people who used a deep learning approach to their education, as well as tips on how to gain a deep understanding not only in your classes, but also in the world around you.

My only critique is that I wish this book had been a little more clear when it came to how to change from one type of learner to another. However, I still feel that I can use all of the information this book provided me with, I just need to do some thinking and interpreting on my own to apply it.

Overall, I think this book is the kind of book that can change your life, or at least your education. I would recommend this book to any high school/college student. This book will challenge the way you think, but it is definitely for the better. I really wish I had found this book earlier on in high school! ( )
  Shelby_Kuzma | Aug 11, 2013 |

GenreThing

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,267,672 books! | Top bar: Always visible