Watch Me: A Gripping Psychological Thriller…

Watch Me: A Gripping Psychological Thriller (edition 2018)

by Jody Gehrman (Author)

Member:pegmcdaniel
Title:Watch Me: A Gripping Psychological Thriller
Authors:Jody Gehrman (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2018), 320 pages
Tags:Stalking, psychopath, college professor, writing

Watch Me by Jody Gehrman

Creative writing professor Kate Youngblood feels as if life is passing her by. Her husband left her for a younger woman, her second novel was not a success, her looks are fading.

But Sam Grist is watching . . . .

Creepy stalker Sam has a cold, calculating voice, but Kate’s is far less compelling, making the narrative a bit uneven as it alternately offers each person’s perspective. One wonders how an educated woman can become so clueless and make such vacuous choices. It’s no wonder she’s so unlikeable.

The intriguing narrative . . . dark, creepy, sinister . . . keeps the pages turning. However, readers should be aware of the distasteful graphic scenes sprinkled throughout the narrative. Additionally, a too-often used expletive [from a college professor, no less] is odious and may offend some readers. ( )
  jfe16 | Jun 24, 2018 |
Watch Me keeps your heart pounding and you sitting on the edge of your seat. I loved the plot and the thrill of this book. That being said, there were many times when it jumped from one event to another without a smooth transition that left me very confused. ( )
  CMBUSICK | Jun 7, 2018 |
I wasn't sure about this one until I started reading it. If you like a twisted story with a bit of a thrill ride attached with characters that you are constantly questioning. Then this is the story for you.

My thanks to netgalley and St Martin's Press for this advanced readers copy. ( )
  PamV | Mar 27, 2018 |
This is really a decent book. However, I was 40% into the book before something finally started happening.

The suspense factor is there, but I am so over Sam by that time that there were parts of me that just didn't care to go on. It's like I was in his head for so long. I get it, he's psycho, but his ramblings on and on, a little much.

I like the stories with Eva which told us his past and what he is. There was just too much of Sam's thoughts and ramblings. It was making me psycho.

Thanks to St. Martin's Press and Net Galley for providing me with a free e-galley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review. ( )
  debkrenzer | Mar 12, 2018 |
This was an absolutely gripping read! I was not expecting it to hook me in the way it did, but it was worth reading!

This story is told from the alternating perspectives of Kate and Sam. Crazily enough, I was most drawn to Sam's character. He was obsessive, creepy, and willing to go to all lengths to win Kate over. He reminded me a lot of Joe from You by Caroline Kepnes; both of them were stalkers who just had to have the girl of their dreams. However, Sam was a lot scarier than Joe, with a more intense personality. His behaviour chilled me to the core. I loved how the author created this amazing chemistry between Kate and Sam; it was intense, it was sensual, and it was 100% addictive. I could completely understand why Kate felt drawn to Sam. I'm also glad that the author gave Kate a little bit of common sense so that she didn't just act based on emotions.

I really enjoyed the writing style of this novel. Each chapter was short, making me want to keep reading. The pace was fast and intense, so much so that I got completely caught up in the story. I wish the ending had had a little more to it but apart from that, this was an absolutely fantastic read. If you are looking for a very intense psychological thriller, I would recommend this one! Solid 4/5 stars from me.

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press for this ARC in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  veeshee | Feb 19, 2018 |

Kate Youngblood is heading into an age where her eyes are less blue, her charm worn out, and soon no one will ever truly look at her, want to know her, again. Except one. Sam Grist is Kate's most promising student. An unflinching writer with razor-sharp clarity who gravitates towards dark themes and twisted plots, his raw talent is something Kate wants to nurture into literary success. But he's not there solely to be the best writer. He's been watching her. Wanting her. Working his way to her for years. As Sam slowly makes his way into Kate's life, they enter a deadly web of dangerous lies and forbidden desire. But how far will his fixation go? And how far will she allow it?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,803,158 books! | Top bar: Always visible