American Radical: Inside the World of an…

American Radical: Inside the World of an Undercover Muslim FBI Agent (edition 2017)

by Tamer Elnoury (Author)

Member:jepeters333
Title:American Radical: Inside the World of an Undercover Muslim FBI Agent
Authors:Tamer Elnoury (Author)
Info:Dutton (2017), Edition: 1st, 368 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Read in 2019, NF

American Radical: Inside the World of an Undercover Muslim FBI Agent by Tamer Elnoury

A longtime undercover agent, Tamer Elnoury joined an elite counterterrorism unit after September 11. Its express purpose is to gain the trust of terrorists whose goals are to take out as many Americans in as public and as devastating a way possible. It's a furious race against the clock for Tamer and his unit to stop them before they can implement their plans. Yet as new as this war still is, the techniques are as old as time: listen, record, and prove terrorist intent.

Due to his ongoing work for the FBI, Elnoury writes under a pseudonym. An Arabic-speaking Muslim American, a patriot, a hero: To many Americans, it will be a revelation that he and his team even exist, let alone the vital and dangerous work they do keeping all Americans safe. ( )
  jepeters333 | May 15, 2019 |
The book was a quick read, but for me it never seemed to be too suspenseful. Perhaps the reason for that was to make sure the story was not too revealing of techniques or confidential information. That being said, I've read other similar books that deal with investigative work regarding terrorism which were more suspenseful and revealing...so, I'm not too sure of how to judge the book. I want to be fair to the author (and certainly very, very thankful to him for how he was willing to not only put his life at risk, but to also provide information on how true Islam is nothing to be fearful of). Yet, perhaps it was also the choice of the "with" author that made the book a little bity less than what I would consider a 4 or 5 star nonfiction book. I read alot of nonfiction, historical stuff, and I would not put this book in the upper echelons of that category. ( )
  highlander6022 | Dec 28, 2017 |
An account of a Muslim American FBI agent who gives as accurate and complete account of his activities in the arrest and trial of radical Islamic terrorists.

Fascinating and so well written you think you are there.

I was impressed by Mr.Elnoury’s explanations of how he identified these jihadists and how they perverted the religion of Islam. For me he gave a voice to the non-radical Islamic community. I recommend this book for those who want to add to their understanding of what and why this type of terrorism is happening in the world today. ( )
  Bettesbooks | Oct 30, 2017 |

It's no secret that federal agencies are waging a broad, global war against terror. But for the first time in this memoir, an active, Muslim American federal agent reveals his experience infiltrating and bringing down a terror cell in North America. A longtime undercover agent, Tamer Elnoury joined an elite counterterrorism unit after September 11. Its express purpose is to gain the trust of terrorists whose goals are to take out as many Americans in as public and devastating a way possible. It's a furious race against the clock for Tamer and his unit to stop them before they can implement their plans. Yet as new as this war still is, the techniques are as old as time: Listen, record, and prove terrorist intent --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,923,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible