The Book of Secrets by A. L. Tait

The Book of Secrets

by A. L. Tait (Author)

Forced to flee his home to uncover the secrets hidden in a coded book, sheltered orphan Gabe discovers a world of danger, intrigue, adventure and unexpected friendship.What's the secret of the book, and why is it so valuable? These are the questions Gabe must answer when a dying man hands him a coded manuscript with one instruction: take it to Aidan. Gabe is hurled into a quest that takes him beyond his monastery home and into a world of danger, political intrigue and adventure.As he seeks to decipher the code and find a mystery man who may not even exist, Gabe learns that survival must be earned and that some of life's biggest lessons are not found in books.Gabe finds himself questioning everything he knows about right and wrong and wondering if he'll ever find a way back home. He also discovers that the biggest secret of all may be his own.'an exciting adventure read and an immersive story' *****SUNDAY TELEGRAPHtheatebancipher.com… (more)
Member:LAS_Library
Title:The Book of Secrets
Authors:A. L. Tait (Author)
Info:Kane Miller Books / EDC Publishing, 256 pages
Collections:Your library, Currently reading

Work Information

The book of secrets by A. L. Tait

I really like this book, so I think you all should read it. There are wild 'warrior-girls' who live in the forest who are my favorite characters, and was very fun to read.
There is a second book that you have to read after this one! ( )
  MollyGroff | May 23, 2022 |
I found this an enjoyable easy read (that I'll have no problem gifting to my niece - girls being extremelycompetent is great). The main character (Gabe) has only ever lived in his monastery and he's adorably at sea when out in the world.

I feel this book is good for my pre-teen niece (there's a bit of background commentary about societal privilege and relative power). It ended on a good note with some questions answered but leaving just enough to prompt you to read the conclusion. ( )
  Damiella | Dec 31, 2021 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,028,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible