The Best Tent Camping Guide: From Novice To…

The Best Tent Camping Guide: From Novice To Expert (Northwoods Camping…

by Darren Kirby

This book is short but through. I am an intermediate camper. I found the information and recommendations (especially for the novice) to be exactly what they should be. ( )
  neverstopreading | Mar 20, 2018 |
Nicely written. Informative and comprehensive. I wish the author includes some pictures .

- Won in a LibraryThing giveaway ( )
  LysaJP | Nov 26, 2017 |
Very conversational. Informative and useful. If you are an experience outdoorsman, probably a little too "beginner" for you. This would also make a very series of blog posts, instructional videos or even several books broken up into the beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Quick read. ( )
  BookxGirl | Nov 11, 2017 |
The Author Darren Kirby gives the reader a great primer in tent camping. While this is a quick read, there is a plethora of sound advice which is easy to follow and (from the perspective of this reviewer's over 40 years of camping experience) is advice worth understanding. Tent camping is the stuff of stories - many of which result from poor preparedness and the unexpected. For an experienced camper - it's a nice review and full of "Oh yeah!'s " (in my case followed by and order on line or a double check of some equipment). For the newbie camper- Just buy this book and read it. Read it BEFORE you hit the trail or go off for the weekend. You will not be sorry. Kirby demonstrates that he does have knowledge to share with all of us "expert" and novice campers. One dry night because you remembered to seal your seams before a deluge will be well worth the time and effort. ( )
  difreda | Nov 4, 2017 |
In The Best Tent Camping Guide: From Novice To Expert, Darren Kirby offers many excellent tips for the prospective camper, beginning with a list of items to bring (and not to bring) on your first camping trip.

Unlike many how-to or self-help book writers, the author of this book comes off as a friend or mentor rather than an authority figure. He takes you by the hand and gently guides you through the process, from your very first thoughts of camping all the way to the moment you take the next prospective camper under your experienced wing.

I enjoyed the conversational tone of this book, and the information and advice contained within it is sound. Although the grammatical errors can be distracting at times, the writing is good overall. I would recommend this book to someone who is thinking of camping.

***I received a review copy of this book; however, the opinions expressed in this review are my own. ( )
  MichaelCSahd | Oct 24, 2017 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Darren Kirby's book The Best Tent Camping Guide was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Darren Kirby is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,082,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible