Roar of the Thunder Dragon

by Tracey West

Series: Dragon Masters (8)

2201104,946 (4.44)7
Pick a book. Grow a Reader! This series is part of Scholastic's early chapter book line, Branches, aimed at newly independent readers. With easy-to-read text, high-interest content, fast-paced plots, and illustrations on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and stamina. Branches books help readers grow! In book #8, Drake and the rest of the Dragon Masters are searching for Lalo the baby Lightning Dragon! Lalo was kidnapped by Eko -- Griffith's first Dragon Master. Eko ran away with her Thunder Dragon, Neru, years ago. Now she's back and she wants to kidnap every dragon in the kingdom! Can Drake and the other Dragon Masters rescue Lalo and stop Eko before it's too late?… (more)

This is a very good series. It has kept my 7 (almost 8 year old) engaged: the reading level is perfect for him, the topics are interesting for him, and it's got the right level of drama.

We've read the first 9 books, and so far my favorite is Book 8, Roar of the Thunder Dragon. This one really looks at moral dilemmas and has a lot of character growth. There is a sort of nemesis in this book, but not a bad person and I think that's what I love about this book most. It also harks back to an interesting point from the first book that hadn't really been mentioned in between (to my memory).

"If he wanted to be free, could I let him go?" - Drake, p 78 ( )
  kparr | Sep 25, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

For Bill Hancock, the King Roland to my Queen Rose.
"Lalo! Lalo!" Drake and Carlos called out as they walked through the trees.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,674,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible