Princesses Wear Pants by Savannah Guthrie

Princesses Wear Pants (edition 2017)

by Savannah Guthrie (Author), Allison Oppenheim (Author), Eva Byrne (Illustrator)

Princess Penelope Pineapple stays busy flying planes, exercising, and gardening, always wearing pants, and so when disaster strikes at the Pineapple Ball, Penny is prepared.
Member:sarahamadison
Title:Princesses Wear Pants
Authors:Savannah Guthrie (Author)
Other authors:Allison Oppenheim (Author), Eva Byrne (Illustrator)
Info:Abrams Books for Young Readers (2017), Edition: Illustrated, 32 pages

Princesses Wear Pants by Savannah Guthrie

This book talks about a princess who wears pants instead of dresses. She is confident despite people telling her that princesses wear dresses. She even ends up saving the day because she wore pants .

Ages:5-6
Source: Pierce College Library
  katie01 | Nov 27, 2017 |
This book was very enjoyable for me because I am a tom boy at heart. I go against all of the "rules" for girls because I like to be different. This book teaches young girls that they can be whoever and whatever they want to be. Although the princess loves her dresses, she does not think that she should have to wear them 24/7.Every one of the princesses pants are used for a different activity and the author explains each activity. I like how the princess stayed true to herself no matter what anyone told her and she was happy with herself. I would read this to my class, but especially to my girls because this book will instill confidence in them that they did not even know they had. ( )
  Kaitlin_villoutreix | Nov 14, 2017 |
Over all I loved this book. I want to read it to my niece to teach her that you can be anything you want to be whether it be a gardener, a host, or even a pilot. I think this book gives great expectations to girls to show them they can be anything they want to be. I loved how the story flowed with the plot starting with a normal princess wearing her gown to her changing into different pants and what she does in each pair. I also like how the Princess stayed true to herself at the end and didn't listen to her count about how she shouldn't wear pants because it was not "fitting" for a princess.

Ages – 3-7
Source – Amazon ( )
  Soffiee | Oct 30, 2017 |
*Disclosure: the publisher provided me with a free copy.

This book left me with a bad taste in my mouth, and it wasn't just the awful rhymes. I got the feeling that the authors were saying that if you wear pants, you're not pretty, but you're practical. ( )
  molliekay | Oct 18, 2017 |
This is a very cute and spunky book for young readers. I would say it's more meant for 2nd and under graders. Due to this spunky, versatile and kind princess, it can help inspire the younger minds that they can really do anything. Also that they don't have to be just one thing, they can act and be so many things and enjoy a lot of things. A part of me wishes I heard this book when I was younger because I didn't know I could want to dress nicely and do adventurous things at the same time. I thought I had to be one or the other and that I had to stay that way. This princess engages in activities in the creative arts to STEM to volunteering..and she still remembers regardless of what people say that she must be true to herself and be herself. ( )
  bmeshel | Oct 11, 2017 |

Savannah Guthrieprimary authorall editionscalculated
Oppenheim, Allisonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Byrne, EvaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Princess Penelope Pineapple knows there's more to being a princess than wearing a beautiful dress. Penny has important responsibilities, which means she wears the pants! Whether she's flying in the Pineapple Air Command, hosting a science fair, or working in the vegetable garden, her dazzling collection of pants is a symbol of both fashion and function.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,438,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible