'Tis The Season (Main Street #3) by Ann M.…

'Tis The Season (Main Street #3) (edition 2007)

by Ann M. Martin (Author)

Member:BeiraUnited
Title:'Tis The Season (Main Street #3)
Authors:Ann M. Martin (Author)
Info:Scholastic Paperbacks (2007), 208 pages

'Tis The Season (Main Street #3) by Ann M. Martin

Reviewed by Marta Morrison for TeensReadToo.com

I loved this book. I love this series. It is a reminder of the simple yet exciting stories that I read when I was a girl.

Flora and Ruby are orphaned when their parents died a year ago. They went to Camden Falls to live with their grandmother, Min. The books are about their adjustment to living there. I enjoyed 'TIS THE SEASON immensely because it was about Christmas. The traditions of a small town were fascinating and the kindness for others was overwhelming.

But this book wasn't dripping with honey. There is a particular story line of one of the kids in the book having to deal with abuse. One scene actually brought me to tears. The complex problems of the children are written with simplicity, and the problems are just a fact of life and not written with too much drama. I liked that because I think kids need to know that these things do happen in life, but we have to have the strength to live through them.

I loved the description used in the book. Ms. Martin described the decorating of Camdem Falls and I wanted to live there. This is another successful book in a wonderful series! ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 13, 2009 |
Do not combine with 'Tis the Season anthology.

"Christmas is coming to Camden Falls, and Flora and Ruby don't know how to feel about it. It's their first Christmas without their parents, and the memories are both happy and sad..."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,584,892 books! | Top bar: Always visible