Wayside School Is Falling Down by Louis…

Wayside School Is Falling Down (original 1989; edition 2019)

by Louis Sachar (Author), Adam McCauley (Illustrator)

Series: Wayside School (2)

More humorous episodes from the classroom on the thirtieth floor of Wayside School, where students learn to tango, face the cafeteria's dreaded Mushroom Surprise, and study a hobo during Show and Tell. Sequel to "Sideways Stories from Wayside School."
Member:VCSFBigReadMachine
Title:Wayside School Is Falling Down
Authors:Louis Sachar (Author)
Other authors:Adam McCauley (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2019), Edition: Reprint, 192 pages

Work Information

Wayside School is Falling Down by Louis Sachar (1989)

Didn't quite do the standalone/hang together thing as well. Some repetition that didn't work as well. But still delightful and still captures the feeling of elementary school. ( )
  erikasolberg770 | Nov 10, 2020 |
I love that Louis Sachar wrote a second book where we could continue hearing about Mrs. Jewel's class. My students love reading these novels and I enjoy reading them each year with them. ( )
  snickel63 | Aug 21, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
This was the first book I ever bought at a school book fair and it will remain one of my favorites. I recently decided to read one chapter of it each night to my 6 year old son. I loved the sounds of his giggles and howling laughter as I read the stories that made me laugh so hard I couldn't breathe as a child. I was afraid that he wouldn't love the stories as much as I had as a child. I was also afraid that I wouldn't find the stories as entertaining this time around. I was very wrong! The delightful little children on the top floor of this silly school still put me in stitches and kept my son's usually waivering attention. I am so glad I decided to revisit this part of my childhood and brought my son along for the hilarious ride. ( )
  Shannon.Allen | Aug 24, 2019 |
To Emily, Walker, Annie,
Bill, Bobbie, and Corky
Louis, the yard teacher, frowned.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,316,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible