Day in the Life by Theodore Ficklestein

Day in the Life

by Theodore Ficklestein

621,770,603 (4)None

No tags.

The protagonist wants to be a comic. He doesn’t want to be the subject of a novel. He desires no beginning, middle or end though he realizes stories must have them. And he invites readers to spend a day in the sarcastic world of his inner monologue throughout one day.

I enjoyed the city section of this story best—the time after school, when the protagonist tries to explore the real comedy scene. Perhaps it was because I’ve not been there, and the descriptions, sarcastically funny, drew me in. The school and home world felt like school and home. The sarcasm felt comfortably familiar rather than cruel. But the day felt long.

A Day In The Life is not long, but it’s a slow read, begging readers (too hard sometimes) to enjoy every joke, and pushing skim readers to the fringe. The protagonist would not like a reader to skim.

Aimed at young adults who are tired of endless dystopian female fantasies, I can’t be sure, but I’d guess A Day In The Life would hits its mark.

Disclosure: I was given an ecopy and I offer my honest review. ( )
  SheilaDeeth | Mar 16, 2018 |
I won this in a GOODREADS giveaway sponsored by the author, Theodore Ficklestein, on Fri, Oct 27 2017. I wanted to read it, but my 17 year old son (who also LOVED "This Book Needs a Title: Volume 2") swiped it to read & I haven't got it back yet! ( )
  tenamouse67 | Jan 6, 2018 |
I could probably summarize my review of Theodore Ficklestein's Day in the Life with 3 letters, "LOL".

Nick Kripp would say I don’t understand him, which may or may not be true.

I think it is definitely worth checking out.

Theodore Ficklestein is likely to one day be remembered as one of our more sensitive wits. Maybe tomorrow. Read him.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Theodore Ficklestein's book A Day In The Lite was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Theodore Ficklestein is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,996,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible