The Wicked Vampire (Last True Vampire series)

by Kate Baxter

1321,266,356 (4.25)None
He was one of the most feared creatures in the supernatural world, and yet, she was drawn to him unlike any other. His scent ignited her thirst. The sight of him drove her mad with want... Lovers forever--or enemies to the death? Sasha Ivanov was born to be wild. A vampire party girl, she stalks the L.A. clubs at night. Dancing. Drinking. Indulging her darkest appetites. Never sated, she's always looking for more: more danger, more excitement,more blood. But when she enters a supernatural fight club--and is tethered to her mortal enemy--Sasha realizes she's playing the most dangerous game of all... Ewan Brún was born to kill vampires. A powerful berserker and unbeaten champion, he doesn't need a weapon to be deadly. Heis the weapon. But when his soul becomes captive to the most beautiful vampire he's ever seen, he is all but powerless. He cannot resist Sasha--and cannot fight his desires. Is their love strong enough to defeat the gathering forces of darkness that threatens to destroy them both? "The chemistry is electric." --San Francisco Book ReviewsonThe Last True Vampire… (more)

I loved this book, it blew me away. You can read my full review on my WordPress Blog, Flora's Musings...

...So, what did I like about it?
I have become a BIG fan of [a:Kate Baxter|8446648|Kate Baxter|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1461793990p2/8446648.jpg]’s writing style; I find her books very easy to read and love the way she creates her stories. I like the pace of her tales, how the plot evolves and the urban fantasy world that she’s built. I think that the balance in her stories between great banter, hold-your-breath tension, kickass fighting and steamy sex scenes are really good. [b:The Wicked Vampire|35142981|The Wicked Vampire (Last True Vampire series)|Kate Baxter|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1494863612s/35142981.jpg|54380632] did not let me down!

Those of you who have read my reviews before know that I am an old romantic at heart, so the “two halves of one soul reunited” aspect of this tale satisfied my soppy side but it was the real relationship reservations and the obstacles that both Sasha and Ewan experience, both external and internal, that they have to overcome that adds a very real and contemporary feel to this love story.
I must also mention that it’s not just our main characters that have this level of depth; every character that Ms Baxter includes has their own set of idiosyncrasies so that they cease to be just filler characters but become just as real as our main couple (looking forward to finding more about Lucas in future books *hint*hint* Ms Baxter).

The Wicked Vampire may have caused a few more tears to fall but fear not avid reader, it also made me chuckle out loud, had me on the edge of my seat with tension and gave me delicious flutters of arousal; in short - I was gripped from the first page to the last.

...So, ummm, was there anything I disliked about it?
Absolutely nothing, that’s why it got 5 stars!

...So, basically what I’m saying is...
This is another incredible instalment of what has become one of my favourite paranormal romance series; I loved it!

If you’re a fan of adult paranormal romance stories where your heroines are intelligent, witty and independent and your heroes are strong sexy alphas with a big heart waiting to be unleashed or if you’ve enjoyed reading the “destined soul-mate” theme of [a:Felicity Heaton|1228468|Felicity Heaton|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1366369715p2/1228468.jpg]’s Eternal Mates Series or [a:Dianne Duvall|4400405|Dianne Duvall|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1350592870p2/4400405.jpg]’s Immortal Guardians Series, then I think this paranormal romance will be right up your street!

I want you to know that I was lucky enough to be given a digital version of this book for free from the publisher (St Martin’s Paperbacks) via Netgally.com in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  -Flora- | Nov 8, 2020 |
The Wicked Vampire by Kate Baxter
Last True Vampire #6

Having read books 4 and now 6 of this series my gut feeling is that to truly enjoy the series it would be better to begin with book one and read consecutively. I did enjoy this book and followed the storyline of Sasha the vampire and Ewan the berserker BUT there were many names and couples dropped that I had little or no idea of or how they played into the storyline.

What I liked:
* The bond between the two was unexpected and something they had no control over
* Both H/h were strong characters
* The eventual confrontation between Saeed and Sasha – semi-confrontation
* The ties that some of the characters had with one another
* Ewan’s regard for his cousin Drew
* The growth in the relationship between Sasha & Ewan

What I didn’t like:
* The domineering attitude of Ewan at first
* Fights to the death idea
* Sasha being so “weak” in some ways
* Not knowing who all the players were and how the side-story-threads were to be woven together or who the people actually were
* The demons
* Ian Gregor – top dog Berserker (hope he has a reason to be such a scumbag)

Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for the ARC – This is my honest review.

3-4 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Dec 5, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,414,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible