Essential Spices & Herbs: Turmeric by Joseph…

Essential Spices & Herbs: Turmeric

by Joseph Veebe

1381,014,503 (3.69)None

I have always believed there were natural cures for many illness's we encounter and Curry seems to be one of them. I highly recommend this book. Pape after page one finds new information and helpful facts. I also love curry. I recall my fist encounter with the spice in 1983 in Germany. I believe it was a curry wurst I was given. The I found a place with curry rice. Then to my great joy I went to India, Pakistan and several Eastern country and enjoyed exploring their use of spice. For anyone new to this spice, Curry, I highly recommend the books by Veebe, five stars. Best regard Morris ( )
  mable1002000 | Aug 12, 2018 |
I received this ebook in exchange for my honest review and feedback with it's Author, and wished to receive the book not E-book since i'm old school book reader, but I guess it wasn't available. I was so excited when I won this book as a reviewer because my family and especially my great grandmother used to prescribe Turmeric as a medicine in her town, so I grew up in a family with herb knowledge. I really recommend this book to whoever is seeking for a better diet and healthy lifestyle. thankfully now a days we can find Turmeric in different forms and we can take advantage of its benefits.
you can find the history, usage and benefits of turmeric in this book along with quick recipes with average of 20 minutes instead of eating fast food.
this book is written in simple language and anybody can benefit from it. I also wrote my reviews on Amazon, 3ee, Goodreads, LibraryThing
http://3ee.info/turmeric-book-review/ ( )
1 vote Amin916 | Jul 20, 2018 |
There is a small amount of information in this short book but much it is repeated within the book. The author makes claims based on “evidence” but never sires the evidence. He does have a list of sources at the end but the reader is left on their own to try to guess which source supports which “ fact”.

All in all this reads like a blog post someone has written that is mostly opinion without a lot of data to support it. You can read the same infirmation on the first few hits of a web search. ( )
1 vote NixieH | Jun 21, 2018 |
This is a very good book to read to learn more about the benefits of turmeric.It also includes recipes to help incorporate more of this cancer fighting spice into your diet. ( )
  carolineinon | Jun 9, 2018 |
nutrition, uncommon-sense, health, food -------
The health benefits of turmeric are clearly presented with no eye to sell something to the reader. It is preferred that the turmeric be used in smoothies or as an ingredient in main dishes rather than just taking a capsule. There are a few simple recipes included, and the reader is encouraged to check in recipe books or the net for more ideas.
I was lucky enough to win my copy in a LibraryThing Giveaway! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Mar 24, 2018 |
Turmeric is a well-known spice in Asian cooking, especially South Asia.

Joseph Veebe is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,016,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible