Best Loved Poems of the American People by…

Best Loved Poems of the American People (1936)

by Hazel Felleman

I enjoy reading this book; there are so many familiar and unfamiliar poems to explore. One of my favorite things about this book is that the poems are organized by topic and type. There really is a poem for everyone here. It is a valuable part of my personal library. ( )
  KatelynMorton | Sep 25, 2016 |
Wonderful. Every child in Ontario in the 1960s memorized In Flanders Fields" and most, like myself, can still recite it from memory. John McCrae, the author, was a Canadian." ( )
  ShelleyAlberta | Jun 4, 2016 |
This is a wonderful book that holds so many really great poems in it. All are some of the greatest American poems from the first half of American history. The book is divided into different sections with different types of poems in each section. Once is filled with poems of love, one contains poems of inspiration, and others. Each section has pages filled with poems of their respective category. This collection is great when you have a few minutes to spare and don't have the time to rad a full novel. Or if you want to just read poetry then this book is even better. The poems are all meaningful, and many are not so straightforward as they seem. Going into a poem it begins to lead you one way, and then there is a hidden understanding within that is harder to understand. Poems are fun, but this book taught me that they are more than just fun. They can teach you things, reveal truths that you may not have known, all in a few short lines. I highly recommend this book to everyone. It is one of my favorite books out there. ( )
  DrPedro | Mar 31, 2016 |
This belonged to my grandparents before they gave it to me. The title is very aptly used, and I enjoyed reading these when I was a kid. My daughter will hopefully get as much enjoyment out of this book as I did when I give it to her.
  Kevin3127 | Mar 5, 2016 |
I'm reading this for a character of mine who likes to quote poems and saying all the time, and so in order to write him properly I have to have a wealth of poems at hand, and these are beautiful. I love reading through them and puzzling them out in my head, and I want to get this book so I can read them at my leisure again and again. ( )
  jerenda | Jan 20, 2016 |
In remembrance of Adolph S. Ochs (1858-1939) Publisher of the New York Times. With affectionate memories of thirty years as a friend and as a member of the Book Review Staff. H. F.
In Rememberance of
Adolph S. Ochs
(1858-1935)
Publisher of The New York Times
With affectionate memories of thirty
years as a friend and as a member of
the Book Review staff. H.F.
This book began in the heart of a little newsboy in Knoxville, Tennessee.

More than 1,500,000 copies in print! Over 575  traditional favorites to be read and reread.  Categorized by theme, and indexed by author and first  line, this is a collection that will be treasured.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:44 -0400)

Contains over 575 traditional favorites, catagorized by theme, and indexed by author and first line.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,381,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible