The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer

The Female Persuasion (2018)

by Meg Wolitzer

Recently added byMarciLEsrig, rena75, birder4106, private library, JulsLane, JoyeEmmens

English (36)  German (2)  All languages (38)
Good characterizAtion; you come care about the characters and what happens to them. Good links to current mores and social movements. Thoroughly enjoyed this novel (I also liked her other books.) ( )
  JosephKing6602 | Aug 6, 2019 |
This book made me feel exhausted and bored. It tells the story of a bunch of white feminists in a humanizing but ultimately useless way. It accepts the reality of existing as a human is to compromise, in some ways I appreciated and some I thought were bullshit. While there are beautiful moments of insight and writing, it feels like a giant love letter to the folks who wore pussy hats to the Women's March, and doesn't challenge or invite readers to grow beyond that moment. The author works hard to represent a bunch of perspectives that are already seen every day, and I left this book wondering what exactly she was hoping to accomplish other than gain sympathy for the "plight" of white feminists who want to be forgiven for everything. ( )
  schufman | Jul 20, 2019 |
I love Wolitzer’s observations, the way she describes people, relationships, and the stages of a life. I loved a book ostensibly about feminism where a young man portrays the truest feminist values. I was happy to stay with these characters for a long time and could have stayed longer! ( )
  JeanneBlasberg | Apr 30, 2019 |
Listened to about 2 hours of it on audio and quit because I just didn't care about the characters or the story. It was well written and well read, I'm just not the right reader for this book.
  badube | Mar 6, 2019 |
got about 30% through before i realized how much i just did not care about these people, specifically greer. ( )
  ireneattolia | Feb 8, 2019 |

No one adulting
Along this education but I,
This second seeking.
(with thanks to haiku generator languageisavirus.com)

Greer Kadetsky is a shy college freshman when she meets the woman she hopes will change her life. Faith Frank, dazzlingly persuasive and elegant at sixty-three, has been a central pillar of the women's movement for decades, a figure who inspires others to influence the world. Upon hearing Faith speak for the first time, Greer- madly in love with her boyfriend, Cory, but still full of longing for an ambition that she can't quite place- feels her inner world light up. And then, astonishingly, Faith invites Greer to make something out of that sense of purpose, leading Greer down the most exciting path of her life as it winds toward and away from her meant-to-be love story with Cory and the future she'd always imagined.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,280,333 books! | Top bar: Always visible