Boundaries Updated and Expanded Edition:…

by Henry Cloud (Author), John Townsend (Author)

Boundaries is the book that's helped over 4 million people learn when to say yes and know how to say no in order to take control of their lives. Does your life feel like it's out of control? Perhaps you feel like you have to say yes to everyone's requests. Maybe you find yourself readily taking responsibility for others' feelings and problems. Or perhaps you focus so much on being loving and unselfish that you've forgotten your own limits and limitations. Or maybe it's all of the above. In the New York Times bestseller, Boundaries, Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend help you learn when to say yes and know how to say no in order to take control of your life and set healthy, biblical boundaries with your spouse, children, friends, parents, co-workers, and even yourself. Now updated and expanded for the digital age, this book continues to help millions of people around the world answer these tough questions: Can I set limits and still be a loving person? What are legitimate boundaries? How do I effectively manage my digital life so that it doesn't control me? What if someone is upset or hurt by my boundaries? How do I answer someone who wants my time, love, energy, or money? Why do I feel guilty or afraid when I consider setting boundaries? How do boundaries relate to mutual submission within marriage? Aren't boundaries selfish? You don't have to let your life spiral out of control. Discover how boundaries make life better today! Plus, check out Boundaries family collection of books dedicated to key areas of life - dating, marriage, raising kids, parenting teens, and leadership. Workbooks and Spanish editions are also available.… (more)
Member:LaMill29
Title:Boundaries Updated and Expanded Edition: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life
Authors:Henry Cloud (Author)
Other authors:John Townsend (Author)
Info:Zondervan (2017), Edition: Enlarged, 352 pages

Boundaries Updated and Expanded Edition: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud

The book is useful to hear the stories of how people who lack boundaries often are taking too much responsibilities for factors out of their control, while not taking control of their personal needs. I enjoyed learning about the principles to establish personal boundaries for yourself and also how to gently manage these changes by establishing boundaries with others (in home, work, other environments). ( )
  maitrigita | Aug 1, 2020 |
Rated: B+
Outstanding book with a biblical view toward establishing boundaries as a means of defense against those who would infringe upon you. The Ten Laws of Boundaries are foundational. The section on "Boundary Conflicts" covers the most frequent violations of one's boundaries. Highly recommended. ( )
  jmcdbooks | Jun 1, 2020 |
I had read about and heard about this book so much but was reluctant because of the heavy religious content. But it seemed like an interesting read and I know of people who found it helpful. So once I saw it was available via Kindle Unlimited, I thought I'd give it a try.

The book looks at the concept of boundaries (meaning, how it is applied, what it looks like in practice, etc.) often with a religious perspective. While conceptually I found it useful and interesting, overall I found the book repetitive and not useful in really expanding my knowledge. This seems more geared towards readers who may not have ever been really taught about boundaries (emotional, physical, etc.).

As mentioned it also has a heavily religious bent which really, really wasn't for me. I can see this for someone who, as mentioned, perhaps may have never really worked with the concept of boundaries before. Otherwise there are other books or even free internet resources that might work better for others.

Library borrow if yo're really interested. ( )
  HoldMyBook | Feb 2, 2020 |
A good friend of mine read this book and recommended it to me. Then coincidentally my son started reading it. So I thought I'd pick it up, not expecting it to be as good as it is! This is probably one of the best books I've read this year. The authors are Christian and come from that orientation, but anyone could read this book and be transformed by its truths. The chapters cover boundary setting in different spheres of life- work, marriage, with children, aging parents, and with oneself. They talk about guilt, and for me one of the most important concepts- owning one's problems. So ( and this is an oversimplification) if you are annoyed by someone's being consistently late- just let him/her know that next time you hope she'll be on time but if not you'll leave w/o her. Whoa! It's so simple, but so few people actually do this! They, including me, will cajole, remind, nag, family members to get ready, hurry up, c'mon, we're going to be late, etc.. Instead of setting a boundary... So.. I tried it with my daughter. And lo and behold.. now she knows I'll leave for the gym w/o her if she's not ready. And guess what? She's prompt now! So... not that this is a magic cure.. but just one simple example of taking control of yourself and letting consequences happen naturally . Love it. I plan to re-read this from time to time. Highly recommend ( )
  homeschoolmimzi | Oct 26, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,140,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible